Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Jesse shouldn't be Grand Wizard.

I have no problem with them wanting an AA to head their little club. As long as we apply the same thinking to other clubs.
    I agree. I see no reason why white students can't have a group to themselves. After all, we're set to be the biggest minority shortly. ;)

Um, I'm confused. Are they African or American?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Um, I'm confused. Are they African or American?
    They're black.

I looked at the picture of this jerkazoid and thought " this zero looks like a total f*ckin' idiot ".

I've known a number of slam poets, they think if you scream bad poetry it some how becomes good

I would tell the group not to worry; in six months time they'll find this asswipe dead in his dorm room from doing something stupid like trying to go down on himself and breaking his neck.

If they don't want him to show up for the meets, just give the spud a cheap bong and couple bags of grass; trust me you won't see him again for the rest of the school year ( expect maybe when he gets his arm stuck in a vending machine at the student union trying to steal candy bars).
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 02-19-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    They're black.
    Black "African" or Black "Americans?" :eek:

{Just refining the point}
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I know how to get around this whole mess, and it's very easy....

you ready?

sure now?

BLACK student union....

Problem solved
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I know how to get around this whole mess, and it's very easy....

you ready?

sure now?

BLACK student union....

Problem solved
    Not enough words, They like a whole string of unintelligible letters.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not enough words, They like a whole string of unintelligible letters.
    KISS

nuff said
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    While I agree that his total toolness should disqualify him for anything outside of WoW Snack Coordinator, I do think race matters in this case.

Any association that is solely formed to promote the interests of an exclusive group probably needs to draw its leadership from within that group. Atheists don't need Pentecostals in the power structure, women don't need male leadership, Christians have no use for Muslim input, and so on.
    I think what sets this apart from some of the other campus club membership discussions is that this is a paid position. Am I correct that this is a paid position?

There is a huge difference between telling someone he can't be the poobah of the junkies club if that's a volunteer leadership position, but it's a different matter if it's a university paid position.

Berry and others said they don't object to having a white staffer, but said they didn't see a good reason to pick freshman Torey McCleskey, 18, over the other applicants. They noted the African-American Student Union encourages members of any race and said McCleskey was not a member of the union before being appointed.

Students said one of the other applicants is African-American and the other an African immigrant.
    Link

Nobody actually believes that they are protesting because of qualifications, do they?

Interesting that only 1 of the three applicants actually qualified for the "African-American" part.