1. #1 The "I didn't even know you were conservative" moment... 
    When I was in college, I had a friend named James. We dated on and off, but we just didn't click in a relationship context.

He knocked around and became a teacher. I ... did whatever the hell I did.

I graduated college with his wife, Lilly.

Because of his wastrel youth, teaching profession, love of piercings, tats, fetish parties, hookah nights, pagan beliefs, and underground punk, I assumed he was a liberal. We never talked politics, always about drinking, 'the scene', and a various mish mash of all the stuff in the previous sentence.

He friended another guy on my list, a fellow teacher, but a blunt, forceful non-Paulian Libertarian/Conservative. I just thought it was mostly over paganism and anime.

But then I saw this on his facebook:

So I'm reading signs from the Wisconsin teacher union fiasco and realized how utterly retarded some people are. The leftist liberals are holding signs comparing the conservative governor to Hitler and Stalin........ They were both liberals who killed millions for their ideals. Where is the similarity? Do they not realize that they are much closer to either of those monsters from history than the governor? Sadly, I guess not. And some of the grammatical errors only further support that the teachers need less money.
    Damn. Heh. Who knew.

So I left a response:

You became a right wing ideologue under my nose... I'm so proud of you. I'm not taking credit AT ALL, just proud of you. That's all. :p

He's kinda touchy, so... I don't know how he'll take that. Anyone else have a friend whose revelation of shared beliefs made ya kinda warm and fuzzy inside? :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Interesting. I've been on the other end of that type of thing.

I was a life long Democrat but never considered myself a liberal. I changed as I grew older, and as the party and the country changed. I was a big fan of Ronald Reagan even though I didn't vote for him (much to my regret now). I'm now an Independent who votes Republican most of the time (except some local races).

Some people who knew me back in the day are amazed when they find I vote Republican. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

My kids!! It's so great to watch my very intelligent children grow up and become conservatives! I had so little hope for them when they were buying teacher BS and whining about styrofoam as teens...:D:D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I had a similar experience with a buddy of mine from when I was growing up. My freshmen and sophomore year in high school a bunch of us hung out at lunch and talked/debated politics, games, and other stuff. My buddy Dan never really got involved with the political debates so i figured he either was apolitical and didn't care or he leaned to the left. However about a year or so ago I made a post on Facebook about something and he agreed with me and commented back on another friend (who's fairly liberal), it just shocked me...I messaged him and told him i thought in HS that he agreed with my liberal buddies and he responded "Oh Hell No!" ahh....the joy's of finding fellow Conservatives :D

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    My kids!! It's so great to watch my very intelligent children grow up and become conservatives! I had so little hope for them when they were buying teacher BS and whining about styrofoam as teens...:D:D

oh same here. I was totally indoctrinated for a time in college but things still just didn't fall into place. That wholeJoe McCarthy thing didn't make sense to me. HE WAS RIGHT. I was determined that my kids were not going to be propagandized by teachers who had beliefs that were detrimental to sanity, decent living, thinking, politics, morals. And it was sometimes a day to day fight. I even had to leave them in the hands of these leftist fools when they went to University. I have 3 good conservative children. Now if you think it's not difficult to raise a conservative girl then you got another think coming. They are hard to find.

My sister, who, embarrassingly enough, is an artist trained at The Chicago Art Institute, got selected for Jury duty because they assumed she would be a liberal. Imagine the defense's surprise when she led the charge to hang the sumbitch!
    He was found guilty.:)