Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I was pulled over yesterday and am now freaking out. 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x463866

Project Grudge (221 posts)
    Original message
    I was pulled over yesterday and am now freaking out.

I work 40 hours a week and volunteer to teach another 10 hours. So I relax during my one day off a week.

I was leaving a friend's and had just turned onto MY BLOCK when I was pulled over within eyesight of my house. The cop had me step out of the car and then he preceded to tell me my license plate light doesn't work. (Which is true because my older model doesn't even have one.)

He had me step out of the car and do sobriety tests after sobriety tests. I followed my eyes with the officer's pen. Then I walked a straight line. He had me blow into a breathalyzer where I blew a 000. Then he had me balance myself on one foot. It was early in the cold morning (I had smoked a couple of hours before hand) and I had difficulty doing it. Now he had probable cause and searched my vehicle where he found a little weed.

I've never been in trouble with the law before and I'm trying to go to grad school. I'm so terrified that having "Possession" on my record will prevent me from getting aid and getting a good job.
    Keep in mind, the back of my garage always has graffiti on it and I hear of burglaries in my neighborhood all the time. However, I never hear of any of these being solved or arrests being made. I hate being poor.
    Where to start?

You might not have been drunk, but because of the effects of the weed in your system, you gave all the signs. Your dumb fault you got busted.

cleanhippie Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-20-11 12:38 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Get a good lawyer.

Sounds like this will be an easy one to get tossed out, but you need to get a good lawyer. Its gonna cost you, but....
    Easy to get tossed because you got busted? Plus he's already stated he has no $ you idiot.
    But count on Bobbolink to step in...

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts)Sun Feb-20-11 01:19 PM
    Response to Reply #14
    23. What does it take for any of you to notice when someone says they are POOR?

Does muddleclass equate to blind?
    And enjoy his horrid English.

leftstreet Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-20-11 12:40 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    4. This is such a no-brainer, s/he doesn't even need a 'good' lawyer
    wait for it...

leftstreet Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-20-11 12:59 PM
    Response to Reply #13
    15. It was a joke

:shrug:

I got a ton of lawyer jokes, wanna hear em?
    lol

hollowdweller Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-20-11 12:41 PM
    5. Have any bumperstickers?

Sounds like the guy made you for a stoner and then decided he was going to find out a way to search your car.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Some one want to move this to the DU section. Had too many section windows open when I posted and put it in the wrong area.

lol
    Rest In Peace America

Fabulous Poster
    This person is probably a boring little turd, which doesn't alter the fact that a police officer trampled the Fourth Amendment with the approval of the Courts.

Yeah, I read the part about probable cause. Ask yourself if Stephen Decatur would have let a sheriff search his coach behind such a pretense.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This person is probably a boring little turd, which doesn't alter the fact that a police officer trampled the Fourth Amendment with the approval of the Courts.

Yeah, I read the part about probable cause. Ask yourself if Stephen Decatur would have let a sheriff search his coach behind such a pretense.
    Oh stuff it. You never would have made this post if he said an illegally owned gun had been found, instead of weed.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'm so terrified that having "Possession" on my record will prevent me from getting aid and getting a good job.
    Probably should've thought of that before you became a stoner, drove stoned(which IS driving under the influence) and then got busted for possessing illegal drugs, eh?

And how much is "a little" weed?

DUmmie learns the hard way that actions have consequences.

I have a question on this, and I am by no means knowledgeable on this as I am yet to be pulled over for DUI or possession.

Even if the officer suspects he may have some thing in the car, doesn't the officer have to ask for permission to look. And the suspect have to give it? And if he doesn't, then the officer needs to get a warrant, or the guy can simple get back in his car and drive to his house. He passed the sobriety check, only under suspicion of some thing but no proof.

So if I'm not mistaken, the idiot could have simply told the officer no and not been busted, so his dumb move.
    Rest In Peace America

Project Grudge (222 posts) Sun Feb-20-11 12:51 PM
    8. I live in Indiana

I won't be carrying it on me when I drive anymore that's for sure. He may have smelled it on me. I don't know. I also drive an old vehicle and live in a "bad" neighborhood. So that, along with my age (20s) is enough to establish guilt in a lot of minds.
    Or maybe the fact that you stumbled through the field sobriety tests and were in possession of weed is enough to establish guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I have a question on this, and I am by no means knowledgeable on this as I am yet to be pulled over for DUI or possession.

Even if the officer suspects he may have some thing in the car, doesn't the officer have to ask for permission to look. And the suspect have to give it? And if he doesn't, then the officer needs to get a warrant, or the guy can simple get back in his car and drive to his house. He passed the sobriety check, only under suspicion of some thing but no proof.

So if I'm not mistaken, the idiot could have simply told the officer no and not been busted, so his dumb move.
    He didn't pass the test. He said so himself. He passed the breathalyzer, but couldn't do the physical portion. That gave the officer probable cause.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    He didn't pass the test. He said so himself. He passed the breathalyzer, but couldn't do the physical portion. That gave the officer probable cause.
    SO because you can't stand on one foot like a flamingo you surrender your Fourth Amendment rights?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Oh stuff it. You never would have made this post if he said an illegally owned gun had been found, instead of weed.
    What's an illegally owned gun? What part of "shall not be fucking infringed" does a twit like you not get?