Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cities are starving for revenue Right now and a driving while impaired or driving while intoxicated will net them thousands of dollars.
    If you don't want to be one of the stupid people that they are milking, make sure your vehicle s legal, only drive sober, don't speed or break any traffic laws. This won't make you 100% safe but when a nanny state runs out of money this is what happens.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    See, what everyone, especially novabrain, is forgetting is that we're only getting this idiot's side of the story. For starters, they are admitting to smoking week. The smell, as we all know, sticks to you like glue. Then, failing the field sobriety test is the probably cause and the search was not unreasonable. Also, we don't know the real story.
    All we ever have to work with is the article, unless it's an historic event being discussed. So if you're going to speculate, then you could as easily speculate that the cop is a dick who hated potboy's bumperstickers.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Cities are starving for revenue Right now and a driving while impaired or driving while intoxicated will net them thousands of dollars.
    If you don't want to be one of the stupid people that they are milking, make sure your vehicle s legal, only drive sober, don't speed or break any traffic laws. This won't make you 100% safe but when a nanny state runs out of money this is what happens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I just went back and read the story again. He claims to have only failed the stand on one foot test. Where are you getting that he failed multiple tests? Also, have you ever hear anyone say he was "stumbling stoned"? Pot has been accused of making people inattentive or slow on reaction time (though a visit with your local juggler would disabuse you of that notion) but not sloppy. I've never known anyone who got busted for driving while stoned.
    He failed the eye test. If you believe all the bullshit coming out of DU then maybe you need to join all the misfits over there. BTW, I have seen a dude get busted for driving stoned in the French Quarter.

That doesn't make what he was doing legal but it is just common sense. A person should obey the law all the time but right now your asking to get ripped a new one if you aren't legal.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    He failed the eye test. If you believe all the bullshit coming out of DU then maybe you need to join all the misfits over there. BTW, I have seen a dude get busted for driving stoned in the French Quarter.
    Oh, La.carnut not L.A.carnut. Now I'll have to change my entire mental picture. Take you out of your lowered Honda Civic street "racer" and put you in a jacked up lime green 72 Chevy Malibu with big chrome back spinning rims.

Banned
    Oh, La.carnut not L.A.carnut. Now I'll have to change my entire mental picture. Take you out of your lowered Honda Civic street "racer" and put you in a jacked up lime green 72 Chevy Malibu with big chrome back spinning rims.
    Wrong Whitebread. I drive a 2008 Nissan 350 Z Touring.

BTW, what hunk of shit are you driving?

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Wrong Whitebread. I drive a 2008 Nissan 350 Z Touring.

BTW, what hunk of shit are you driving?
    Duh, a Nova.:D

Actually I agree with Nova on this. The right to keep and Bear arms shall not be infringed. Laws that dictate how, when, and where you may carry your arms are an infringement on the right to bear.

Every state has different laws regarding the carrying of weapons. IMO, all of them infringe upon the federal right to keep and bear.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

SO because you can't stand on one foot like a flamingo you surrender your Fourth Amendment rights?

And yet there are so many parts to a story that your fellow Libtards at DU tend to "forget" to add to these little tales of woe that explain actions b the police.

The strong smell of marijuana coming from the car or off the persons clothing.

The car weaving as the guy was driving. Perhaps the bag of weed was in plain sight on the front set.

Sooooooo many little important details the DUmmies leave out to gain sympathy for their plight...or to let knee jerk "F the police" types like you go on a "we've had our rights taken away" rant.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And yet there are so many parts to a story that your fellow Libtards at DU tend to "forget" to add to these little tales of woe that explain actions b the police.

The strong smell of marijuana coming from the car or off the persons clothing.

The car weaving as the guy was driving. Perhaps the bag of weed was in plain sight on the front set.

Sooooooo many little important details the DUmmies leave out to gain sympathy for their plight...or to let knee jerk "F the police" types like you go on a "we've had our rights taken away" rant.

You're adding to the story. You might has well have a monkey riding on the roof of the car in your modified version.

You have a tendency to see everything I say through a stupid and simpleminded lens. I do not chant "fuck the police", I am a strong supporter of the police. What I don't support is the police making policy, and I do not support the police making excuses for running roughshod over the US Constitution in the name of "safety" . So go fuck yourself, I'm sick of your nasty toxic response to everything written and more what you imagine is not being written.