1. #1 " Battle of Wisconsin: Proxy... Civil War?........" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Let's be clear about what's at stake in Wisconsin, where the battle between Gov. Scott Walker and the public-employees' unions is now well and truly joined...... It's not just about balancing the state budget, nor simply about collective bargaining.... It's not even about the future of the labor movement.

It's about the future of the country and who is to be master -- the voters or the "public servants."

Wisconsin is a test battleground in the War of 2012, with both sides pouring in men and materiel in a proxy fight. It's the Tea Party, as represented by Walker and the state Republicans, versus a labor-union/political racket as morally rancid as anything in "On the Waterfront," fronted by the "sick" teachers and abetted by President Obama and his Organizing for America community agitators.
    SNIP
    Obama and the Democrats understand full well the importance of this fight: Without public-sector union support, they're in big trouble. After all, such unions have only been generally legal since the '60s, and -- given the political will -- can be rolled back.

"For this generation of union members, the attack on Wisconsin's public sector represents our Pearl Harbor," said John Samuelsen, president of local 100 of the Transport Workers Union, who's promised to lead a delegation from New York to Madison. "We in the labor movement cannot allow this to happen."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...uuJlohBp9zaDUL

Wisconsin is a test battleground in the War of 2012, with both sides pouring in men and materiel in a proxy fight. It's the Tea Party, as represented by Walker and the state Republicans, versus a labor-union/political racket as morally rancid as anything in "On the Waterfront," fronted by the "sick" teachers and abetted by President Obama and his Organizing for America community agitators.
    Every time I read something like this I keep seeing scenes from "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" in my mind. The scenes where the Taylor machine is trying to gin up opposition to Jefferson Smith back in his home state.

Anyone else remember that movie?

This is one of the scenes I am thinking of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwTAWRYM4ko