Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm fairly certain you don't have enough money to pay anyone to be close to you. Where's the ex? As far away as he can get?

You want this? I will bring it down!
    Note to self: Nuits-Saint-Georges, or possibly any Cote de Nuits, plus wrestling, elevates the testosterone to unsafe levels.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've been catching the messianic speech on the radio as I organize some flies.
    I wouldn't even know how to organize flies. Don't they buzz right away again as soon as you put them down somewhere?
    I started to watch the speech, but I was in bed.... and it was so comfortable....

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Was at a social function for a local charity. They were serving wine with a white napkin around it to hide the label. Everyone was saying it was soooo good and were asking about the winery. It was Two Buck Chuck, their version of pinot noir (or at least that's what they said). :D So much for the wine snobs.
    Then the "wine snobs" had no palate. I drink anything red, from $5.99 Wednesday-night-pasta wine to Chateau Petrus quite happily, but I cannot get two-buck Chuck down. I even tried to put garlic in it for cooking, and it wasn't even palatable enough for that. :(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Note to self: Nuits-Saint-Georges, or possibly any Cote de Nuits, plus wrestling, elevates the testosterone to unsafe levels.
    Well, it was only a 2004. :D

gator
    Last night I was at home and instead of watching Obama get nominated I watched the movie "Flubber". Not the original one with Fred McMurry but the remake with Robin Williams. It was more believable that Obama's acceptance speech.

Sonnabend
    I was at work.

One of my gay co workers is all a twitter on Obama.

I'll enjoy the meltdown in November :D

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    The talk of cheap wine is bringing back memories.

Does anyone else here remember Boones Farm and Cold Duck from their vagabond days? :D

We had a neighbor when I was a kid who made his own Cold Duck. My parents usually had a bottle around, but I never tasted it.

I never tried Boone's Farm, although friends in college did. I liked Mad Dog 20/20-it's great for making sangria. We drank a lot of Riunite Lambrusco, too.

These days I'm partial to Pinot Grigio from Italy (not CA).

When I grew up, I never outgrew my love of the show. My favorite of all time, of course, is The Nature Boy, Slick Ric Flair, the 60 minute man, styling and profiling, limosine riding, stud. Yeah, it's all fake, but what isn't? Britney Spears? Madonna? The Idiot Child President?

At least Slick Ric puts forward the virtues I believe in -- booze, broads, and rock n' roll. What else is there in life?
    Trying to recover from all those things?

Cops: Wrestler Ric Flair Beat Up by Daughter's Boyfriend

RALEIGH, N.C Most of former professional wrestler Ric Flair's fights were scripted.

But Chapel Hill, N.C., police didn't find anything fake about the blood and bruises on the Nature Boy after a fight with his daughter's 22-year-old boyfriend.

Neither man was charged, but Flair's daughter, Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr, was charged for resisting police after the 22-year-old became belligerent and kicked an officer, Chapel Hill police Lt. Kevin Gunter said Tuesday.

Neighbors called police about 2:30 a.m. Friday about a fight at an apartment in the city about 30 miles northwest of Raleigh. The fight was over, but officers followed a trail of blood to Fliehr's apartment.

She told police the men had fought but it was over and things were fine. Officers found the 59-year-old Flair, whose real name is Richard Fliehr, on a bed in the back room. The boyfriend was in another part of the apartment.