Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "No More Direct Deposit For Run Away Wis. Liberals ." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Paychecks to be withheld from absent Wisconsin senators

MADISON, Wis. — State senators who miss two or more session days will no longer get paid through direct deposit. They’ll have to pick up their checks in person on the Senate floor during a session.

The new rule is aimed at forcing the return of 14 Senate Democrats who have been hiding in Illinois since Thursday. They fled the state to stall a vote on an anti-union bill, and have threatened to stay away until Republican Gov. Scott Walker agrees to compromise.

Tuesday’s vote was along party lines. The three Republicans on the Committee on Senate Organization voted for it and the two Democrats opposed it.

The measure applies to paychecks, per diem checks, and any expense reimbursements. The absent senators will have to collect their checks from the Senate majority leader.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...43&format=text

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...osition=recent

Oh nice one. Wonder how long before someone caves.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Walker said that the state wasn't going to reimburse them for any expenses while they are out of state either. It largely depends on how much money they have from their own pockets.

the real question is how much money are they taking from outside sources and if it's legal for them to do so

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Walker said that the state wasn't going to reimburse them for any expenses while they are out of state either. It largely depends on how much money they have from their own pockets.

the real question is how much money are they taking from outside sources and if it's legal for them to do so
    Obama will slip them some from his special funds !

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    It largely depends on how much money they have from their own pockets.
    or if they can tap Soros' pockets.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Oh nice one. Wonder how long before someone caves.
    Why would they cave? They can just have a lawyer go pick up the check for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Why would they cave? They can just have a lawyer go pick up the check for them.
    Actually- your employer can withhold your pay for up to 120 days I believe. It's been a while since I had to deal with this problem . . . . but It was 90 or 120 days.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Actually- your employer can withhold your pay for up to 120 days I believe. It's been a while since I had to deal with this problem . . . . but It was 90 or 120 days.
    I'd be surprised if that's legal. I quit a new job in Oakland because they tried to pull that kind of bullshit on me. "We hold managers' first paycheck two weeks." I demanded to be paid, so I got fired, and they were required to pay me on the spot in cash.

I have spent a great deal of my life in the hospitality business. I've seen people quit because an employer started that crap of giving out checks after 3PM on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'd be surprised if that's legal. I quit a new job in Oakland because they tried to pull that kind of bullshit on me. "We hold managers' first paycheck two weeks." I demanded to be paid, so I got fired, and they were required to pay me on the spot in cash.

I have spent a great deal of my life in the hospitality business. I've seen people quit because an employer started that crap of giving out checks after 3PM on Friday.
    I had a situation while in college where I was working for an after school center - the lady cutting the checks did so at whim - so we almost never got paid on time - and we only got paid once a month. I took the issue to the board of directors - and then when they waffled contacted the labor relations board and found out that legally an employer can delay paying you for months - either 90 or 120 days I believe.

I can't believe it's the 21st century and we have elected, tax-payer funded professional politicians running away from home to avoid........what? Why can't they act like adults?

Every state in the union should put forth legislation to simply terminate any elected officials who run away from home to avoid the legislative process. They can hold special elections to replace them.