Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That too, you bivalve.
    Whoa easy with the language there twinkle toes, you might hurt my feelings, wait I don't have any carry on TB.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I prefer "attention sex worker".
    :D
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Whoa easy with the language there twinkle toes, you might hurt my feelings, wait I don't have any carry on TB.
    Did he call you a clam?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

That's an interesting survey. While it could support your claim it does not prove your claim, which is why I asked for the source of the claim.

301 Interviews with business owners, CEOs, and presidents
    Companies with 5-499 employees

I think you would agree that the sample is small, and that starting the sample at businesses with 5 employees eliminates a sizable chunk of truly small business. Perhaps we were thinking about two different degrees of entrepreneur. I was thinking about truly small businesses, ie proprietorships primarily.
    Translation:
    I really thought I had you there but you totally spanked me and now I have to crawfish and quibble.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Did he call you a clam?
    Well I guess he called me the name of a thing he really doesn't like. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    And isn't it rather foolish to blame the agents for policies designed by higher ups? What happened to the love for the workers?
    It's like the antiwar activists who used to spit on returning draftees during the Vietnam War. They were attacking the people least responsible for the policies that they claimed to find objectionable, but nobody ever said that leftists were rational.

What you have said may well be true of whatever the purpose of the study was, but the study was brought here to prove a much more general claim by the poster, "Most entrepreneurs are conservative". When I asked for a source, it was because my personal experience is that in the major cities that I am familiar with, a walk down the high street will not likely yield a tremendous number of people that Odysseus would probably consider "conservative". I think you'll find that most of them are socially liberal.
    Most major cities tend to be more liberal than conservative (and if you need a link for that, you're really being a nitpicker), but even then, you don't know the political affiliations or attitudes of most of the shopkeepers and business owners that you walk past. You'd be surprised how many small business owners in places like New York City, Los Angeles and other urban centers are conservatives. They don't advertise it because it doesn't have anything to do with what they are selling, and it doesn't serve them to alienate potential customers. But, by all means, continue to present your absurdly anecdotal "personal experience" as superior to an actual study.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!