Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Yes. Mitt Romney will never be president of the United States.
    There's no way we should EVER let Jack Kennedy become President!

Why he'll ignore the Constitution and take his marching orders straight from the Vatican!!! :eek:

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    There's no way we should EVER let Jack Kennedy become President!

Why he'll ignore the Constitution and take his marching orders straight from the Vatican!!! :eek:

I think you misunderstand me. I wouldn't rule out voting for Mitt Romney simply because he is a Mormon. What I'm suggesting is that there is a large segment of Christians who would rule out voting for Romney simply because he is a Mormon. These Christians consider the LDS Church a cult and a false religion.

Novaheart argues that Mormons get a free pass from other Christians, and that's true, but it's true only to a certain extent.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 03-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I think you misunderstand me. I wouldn't rule out voting for Mitt Romney simply because he is a Mormon. What I'm suggesting is that there is a large segment of Christians who would rule out voting for Romney simply because he is a Mormon. These Christians consider the LDS Church a cult and a false religion.
    No I get it. What you miss is that the same distrust was felt by Christians about the potential of having a Catholic in the WH 50 years ago.

Same misconceptions...different targeted religion.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No I get it. What you miss is that the same distrust was felt by Christians about the potential of having a Catholic in the WH 50 years ago.

Same misconceptions...different targeted religion.
    Anti-Catholic sentiment might have prevented John F. Kennedy from winning the presidency if not for the large percentage of Catholics in the electorate of 1960. Mormons account for roughly 1.5% of the US population. Is the Mormon electorate large enough to negate the anti-Mormon sentiment a Mormon candidate would no doubt be up against in a presidential election? I very much doubt that.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 03-10-2011 at 04:34 PM.

The LDS Church hasn't killed anyone recently! Now there's an endorsement if I ever heard one.

jesus - funny motivational pictures

To get back to the original post, Soros has admitted to collaborating with the Nazis by aiding his godfather, who deported Jews and confiscated their property:

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, Tivadar decided to split up his family so as to minimize the chance that all its members would be killed together. For each of them―his wife and two sons―he purchased forged papers identifying them as Christians and then bribed Gentile families to take them into their homes. As for George in particular, the father bribed a Hungarian government official named Baumbach to claim George as his Christian godson, “Sandor Kiss,” and to let the boy live with him. One of Baumbach's duties was to deliver deportation notices to Hungary's Jews, confiscating their property and turning it over to Germany. Young George Soros sometimes accompanied the official on his rounds. Many years later, in December 1998, a CBS interviewer would ask Soros whether he had ever felt any guilt about his association with Baumbach during that period. Soros replied: “… I was only a spectator ... I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.”

Soros today recalls the German occupation of Hungary as “probably the happiest year of my life.” “For me,” he elaborates, “it was a very positive experience. It's a strange thing because you see incredible suffering around you and the fact you are in considerable danger yourself. But you're fourteen years old and you don't believe that it can actually touch you. You have a belief in yourself. You have a belief in your father. It's a very happy-making, exhilarating experience.”
    To say that he felt no guilt is bad enough, but to call that year of horrors the "happiest" of his life is despicable. His people were being murdered en masse, and Soros wandered around in a happy fog, helping to deport them and take their property. Beck has him pegged.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!