Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Meth Face Photos 
    From drugs to mugs: Shocking before and after photos show how drug addiction takes devastating toll on faces of users

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 7:53 PM on 25th February 2011

These shocking before and after images reveal in stark and simple terms the cost drug addiction takes on the human face. 'From Drugs to Mugs' is the follow up to the controversial 2004 'Faces of Meth' release which highlighted the effects of methamphetamine use.

Released in the hope that they will make kids think twice about ever touching drugs the pictures show how addicts have lost teeth and scratched their skin to the bone.

The new photographs show the first arrest of a drug user partnered up with a picture taken in some cases only three months later.

They have been put together by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office in Oregon and now include users of all hard drugs including cocaine, heroin and meth.

'Faces of Meth went round the world, it captured peoples revulsion and imagination,' said deputy Bret King, 45, who was instrumental in putting together the original Faces of Meth project in 2004. 'As I was putting together the project and touring the country trying to highlight the effects of meth on people, I had a nagging feeling that I knew I wasn't bringing the whole picture to people's attention.

'Every single person I booked and interviewed who was not just a meth addict but a heroin user or a coke-head had started on some seemingly innocent drug like alcohol or cannabis.

'Everyone experiments at college or school and I want From Drugs to Mugs to show kids that everyone in those pictures started on cannabis, they didn't just dive head first into heroin.

'So I ask the students at schools to look at these people and think about their actions, otherwise that could end up being you,' said deputy King.

A video made by the From Drugs to Mugs programme makers is going to be shown in high schools across the U.S. in attempt to dissuade students from trying drugs

A video made by the From Drugs to Mugs programme makers is going to be shown in high schools across the U.S. in attempt to dissuade students from trying drugs
    Not sure I buy the reasoning behind the "gateway drug" hype.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1F0KVXSEa

Banned
    I think this is a great idea. Pictures tell a thousand words. Marijuana is a gateway drug for millions in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I think this is a great idea. Pictures tell a thousand words. Marijuana is a gateway drug for millions in my opinion.

Please. It's only a gateway drug if you're looking for a gate.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

It's a gateway drug for Pop-tarts. :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Please. It's only a gateway drug if you're looking for a gate.
    I have 2 step kids that started out on grass that gated their way to hard drugs and are now 6 feet under. Most people that start out on marijuana never go to the next step (including yours truly in college) and become addicts; however millions do.

I have 2 step kids that started out on grass that gated their way to hard drugs and are now 6 feet under. Most people that start out on marijuana never go to the next step (including yours truly in college) and become addicts; however millions do.
    Well, if most people never do, it isn't a gateway - it's a coincidence. I think the gateway idea comes from the dealer-connection. If you could buy weed at 7-11, you would never know about all the more expensive and destructive drugs your dealer had to offer. Instead of buying some weed and then "trying" some pills, you'd buy your weed and pick up some Twinkies.

Cut the dealer out of the picture and things look very different. Ditto for your druggie friends. If normal people could buy weed with their normal groceries, they wouldn't be sneaking around with disreputable friends who introduce them to worse things.

Most people will probably stop at beer and weed. ;)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, if most people never do, it isn't a gateway - it's a coincidence. I think the gateway idea comes from the dealer-connection. If you could buy weed at 7-11, you would never know about all the more expensive and destructive drugs your dealer had to offer. Instead of buying some weed and then "trying" some pills, you'd buy your weed and pick up some Twinkies.

Cut the dealer out of the picture and things look very different. Ditto for your druggie friends. If normal people could buy weed with their normal groceries, they wouldn't be sneaking around with disreputable friends who introduce them to worse things.

Most people will probably stop at beer and weed. ;)
    If you gave it away, you would still have people that would want a bigger rush than what marijuana brings. Therefore, I would consider the next step up from grass to hard drugs a gateway. I don't think you are speaking from experience.

I see the users (addicts) as a bigger problem than the dealers. Make it legal and that will only intensify the number of users. What's next.. legalize hard drugs.

If you gave it away, you would still have people that would want a bigger rush than what marijuana brings. Therefore, I would consider the next step up from grass to hard drugs a gateway. I don't think you are speaking from experience.

I see the users (addicts) as a bigger problem than the dealers. Make it legal and that will only intensify the number of users. What's next.. legalize hard drugs.
    Most people try weed and most people drop it when they grow up. There will always be people who get hooked on anything: food, speed, relationships, babies, or shopping. We can't keep those people away from everything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Most people try weed and most people drop it when they grow up. There will always be people who get hooked on anything: food, speed, relationships, babies, or shopping. We can't keep those people away from everything.
    True, but we do not have to legalize pot to encourage them by saying it is ok. Millions will take the next step up to hard drugs. Some will do like another one of my stepsons; get high and kill someone in a car wreck. My connections as a golf pro kept him from going to prison for 5 years. You see, I have some up personal and real life experiences with pot and gateway hard drugs.

Fabulous Poster
    I'd say that alcohol is the gateway drug. While it's true that it's easier for kids to buy pot than it is alcohol, it's easier for them to get free alcohol than it is to get free pot.

Kids are known for raiding fridges in boats and patios, and of course going in their parents' liquor.

I don't get meth. When I was in high school and college, none of my friends could stand the stuff. Not only did it fry their nerves, and encourage copious consumption of alcohol, it was like snorting fish hooks compared to cocaine.