Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I forgot to pay my January power bill and was shocked when I opened the bill for February. The good news is that I didn't spend it on jelly beans.
    Pay it on line dummie.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Our power company won't let you get behind a month, the would have shut it off after two weeks, the water company is just as bad.
    I'm thinking about buying a ranch near my sister in California and starting a cult. Then my devotees can take of the details.

I'm thinking about buying a ranch near my sister in California and starting a cult. Then my devotees can take of the details.
    The cost of living is too high there and the guvment would keep tabs on you too closely, Florida is probably good as anywhere for a cult. You could do the ground work for a year or two online and screen out the prospects that don't have any money. You can call them in when we have the next disaster.
    You really need to get busy and write your first divinely inspired book though so you can start with prophet status.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Theme it as a Muslim retreat and the government will go out of their way to make sure you are not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Theme it as a Muslim retreat and the government will go out of their way to make sure you are not bothered.
    Not a bad idea, he could say he was the Imam with a fifth.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It worked for Hubbard. He was also smart enough to personally stay in international waters most of the time. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Our power company won't let you get behind a month, the would have shut it off after two weeks, the water company is just as bad.
    Same here, but no water company. I am outside of the city limits, so I have a well...much cheaper every month.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    My wife's 401k got 3.09%
    My retirement plan got 4.25%

My CAN SLIM stuff got 4.74%

But my wife's 401k weathered the last few days better than either of my accounts.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Could be it's gonna be a rough March. But that's kind of a test of our portfolios, isn't it? Most portfolios will make money when the S&P goes up from 1289 to 1327 - that's 28 points, or 2.1%. The real test comes when the S&P hits 1250. For instance.:)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Could be it's gonna be a rough March. But that's kind of a test of our portfolios, isn't it? Most portfolios will make money when the S&P goes up from 1289 to 1327 - that's 28 points, or 2.1%. The real test comes when the S&P hits 1250. For instance.:)
    I bought a few shares of Palladium (PALL) today. I am waiting for a correction to make more moves and will probably dump them in May.

With Uncle Ben printing money, the dollar floundering, unrest in the middle east and inflation on the horizon especially in Europe, commodities should knock your socks off. So, that is the path I am gonna take. Conservative investors should diversify.