Thread: Gingrich

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I've heard that before, and think it's bullshit. Daniels has said he would jump in unless another viable candidate came out (he hinted it was someone in particular but made no mention of who).

Bush is a nonstarter, he might jump in, but he wont go anywhere.

Thune wants to stay in the Senate and it probably has more to do with his family than anything else.

Rick Perry wont go anywhere either.

Obama is vulnerable, there is no doubt about that (except from lefty morons and MSM). It has less to with his vulnerability and just the overall lack of quality candidates
    Sure. Why not?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Sure. Why not?
    what?

what?
    When you start of saying "bullshit," there is really nowhere to go in terms of a conversation. That's all.

Newt has burned too many bridges to conservatives and lost whatever credibility that he had. His endorsement of DeDe Scozzafava in NY two years ago was a huge slap in the face.

Right now, the polls are just showing name recognition. Until the campaign begins in earnest, and the candidates start presenting themselves to the voters, that's all we will see. These polls are of no value on the Republican side.

On the Democratic side, if an incumbent is running within a few points of generic candidates and/or tepid names, he's in trouble. I predict that Obama will run for a second term, unless he loses a primary fight, which is highly unlikely. Black voters account for about 10% of the electorate, but break 90+% for Democrats, and any Democrat who succeeds in knocking Obama off of the ballot can count on those voters sitting on their hands. That means that about 15-20% of the hard core Democratic base will not turn out, and some might even jump to the Republicans for spite, so don't expect a serious primary challenge. A symbolic challenge from someone like Kucinich is likely, and if he racks up more than 20% of the votes in the primaries, that will be a sign of real weakness in Obama. If the challenger is actually competitive, then Obama is toast.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

When you start of saying "bullshit," there is really nowhere to go in terms of a conversation. That's all.
    oh cry me a river you whiny little bitch. I was referring to guys biding their time for 2016.

oh cry me a river you whiny little bitch. I was referring to guys biding their time for 2016.
    Go fuck yourself you self important douchebag shitstain. I'll tell you where to shove your 2016 ......

.... my heart isn't in it.

OK, dude.

Go fuck yourself you self important douchebag shitstain. I'll tell you where to shove your 2016 ......

OK, dude.

OK, dude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Newt was once a rebel. Now that has lost it's luster. He sold us short with the Contract for America and I won't fall for that again. We are better off purging many of these old gaurd sellouts that had there chance to make a difference and refused.

I would disagree with you on the Contract with America part of your objection. He did pretty well with that.

What I don't like is his recent tendency to accept the leftist ideas of AGW and his support of party hacks over conservative upstarts.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I would disagree with you on the Contract with America part of your objection. He did pretty well with that.

What I don't like is his recent tendency to accept the leftist ideas of AGW and his support of party hacks over conservative upstarts.
    Read Tom Colburns book Breach Of Trust. Newt just wanted the power and to be one of the boys. Its an eye opening book!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.