1. #1 Remember these freaks? 
    Patent Member
    Iowans Attempt To Arrest Karl Rove (for those who don't remember)

Well, it turns out that a couple of these winners can't even afford legal counsel to represent them against a trespassing charge. We're not talking a $100,000 legal bill here folks. So they turn to us, the taxpayers, to support their moonbattery (or would it be moontrespassery?).

Yes, these winners are getting taxpayer funded "attorneys" to represent them (actually law students). One of these students is working for us part time, the criminal stuff is for credit in law school.

I believe that everyone deserves a defense...but to stage a political stunt and then expect the taxpayer to bail you out? That is completely abusing our system. But we probably shouldn't expect much more from Leftists.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Iowans Attempt To Arrest Karl Rove (for those who don't remember)

Well, it turns out that a couple of these winners can't even afford legal counsel to represent them against a trespassing charge. We're not talking a $100,000 legal bill here folks. So they turn to us, the taxpayers, to support their moonbattery (or would it be moontrespassery?).

Yes, these winners are getting taxpayer funded "attorneys" to represent them (actually law students). One of these students is working for us part time, the criminal stuff is for credit in law school.

I believe that everyone deserves a defense...but to stage a political stunt and then expect the taxpayer to bail you out? That is completely abusing our system. But we probably shouldn't expect much more from Leftists.
    Where have you been ,It happens all of the time.Welcome to liberal America and if the Magic Negro gets in watch out !

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Where have you been ,It happens all of the time.Welcome to liberal America and if the Magic Negro gets in watch out !
    I guess it's a little surprising that I work with someone representing one of these freaks. The topic in the lunch room was almost all "good for them" and "I think they're heros."

I thought I worked in a moonbat-free zone :(

Interesting topic biccat, but perhaps a bit political for the Lounge so I'm moving it to GD.

Sonnabend

Biccat.

Miranda.
    You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?

Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?

You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. Do you understand?

If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Do you understand?

Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?
    Shame on you..:D

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Biccat.

Miranda.

Shame on you..:D
    I do know about Miranda. And I also know all about how crappy court-appointed counsel generally is. If I was going to consciously choose to commit a crime, I would make sure that I had a good attorney set up.

There is no way these people could have believed they would get away with this. Did they really think they would walk in and drag Rove out kicking and screaming? Of course not.

But thrusting the expense of a political stunt onto the taxpayer is absurd and irresponsible.

Anyway, I'm more concerned that I have moonbats who approve of this tactic working in my office than the fact that they're getting free (if poor) legal counsel.

bijou: I figured after Junebug's post I could whine about my coworkers in the lounge as well. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum, I suppose it is a bit more of a political issue.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I do know about Miranda. And I also know all about how crappy court-appointed counsel generally is. If I was going to consciously choose to commit a crime, I would make sure that I had a good attorney set up.

There is no way these people could have believed they would get away with this. Did they really think they would walk in and drag Rove out kicking and screaming? Of course not.

But thrusting the expense of a political stunt onto the taxpayer is absurd and irresponsible.

Anyway, I'm more concerned that I have moonbats who approve of this tactic working in my office than the fact that they're getting free (if poor) legal counsel.

bijou: I figured after Junebug's post I could whine about my coworkers in the lounge as well. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum, I suppose it is a bit more of a political issue.
    It's not a problem at all, lots of threads are borderline Lounge/GD and then take a turn one way or another. But with the current troll contingent being active I was just playing safe.

Personally I'd let them represent themselves as punishment for not coming up with a plan B in the event of an epic fail. :D