Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 State Rep. Gordon Hintz apologizes for comments made on Assembly floor 
    February 28, 2011
    State Rep. Gordon Hintz apologizes for comments made on Assembly floor following budget repair bill vote

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic...text|FRONTPAGE

An Oshkosh Assemblyman issued a second public apology in as many weeks Monday, the latest for comments he made on the floor of the Assembly following a vote on a contentious budget repair bill.

Rep. Gordon Hintz, D-Oshkosh, called Rep. Michelle Litjens, R-Winneconne, Monday morning to apologize for his comments that Litjens described as containing an obscenity and the words “you’re dead.” Last week, he accepted responsibility for being issued an ordinance violation for visiting a massage parlor in Appleton that was the subject of a prostitution sting.

Litjens told The Northwestern she did not want the incident to become public, but confirmed it after other Assembly representatives contacted a Milwaukee conservative talk show host who commented on the issue on the air Monday.

Hintz would not confirm his exact comments and referred to them merely as an “outburst” that occurred over shock at the way Republicans broke procedural rules for the Assembly early Friday morning by not calling for a vote to end the debate. When the vote was taken Democrats were caught off guard and many did not cast their ballots.

“I believe my response was shock. The only way they were going to pass this bill was by ignoring and shredding rules of the Assembly,” Hintz said. “I apologized (Monday) when I learned my comments may have been taken personally by someone.”

Litjens, who said she did not take Hintz’ comments personally, believed he was directing it to all Republicans because they voted to move the bill ahead.
    “I was the closest one,” she said.

She accepted his apology but turned to Assembly leadership to request that Hintz be disciplined.
    “Everyone was exhausted. We were on the floor for 58 hours. (But) there is still no excuse for his comment,” Litjens said. “We should be able to civilly discuss issues we are passionate about without feeling threatened.”

Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald was not available to comment Monday. An aide said Fitzgerald called Minority Leader Peter Barca, D-Kenosha, Monday to ask how he wished to proceed on the Hintz comments as well as an incident in which Rep. Chris Danou, D- Trempealeau, is accused of throwing an object that hit a Republican on the other side of the aisle.

Hintz’ other apology came Feb. 21, after he was issued a citation for sexual misconduct in connection with a prostitution sting in Appleton at the Heavenly Touch Massage Parlor. Appleton police have offered few details about Hintz’ involvement. The Democrat who was elected to a third term in November issued a statement in which he took “full responsibility for his actions” but has not said what those action were. In an interview Monday, he declined to comment on the case.

“My legal counsel has said because this is a pending investigation I’m not allowed to speak on the case,” Hintz said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of comments. First, Hintz actually said, "You're F***ing dead!" to the other assembly member. Second, the victim of his threat, Michelle Litjens, was a woman. Third, Hintz is a Democrat, and his intended victim is a Republican.

Now, since we've learned from Tuscon that violent language encourages violent acts, can we blame any violence in Wisconsin on Hintz, who casually makes obscene death threats at physically smaller political opponents in public?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    February 28, 2011
    State Rep. Gordon Hintz apologizes for comments made on Assembly floor following budget repair bill vote

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic...text|FRONTPAGE

An Oshkosh Assemblyman issued a second public apology in as many weeks Monday, the latest for comments he made on the floor of the Assembly following a vote on a contentious budget repair bill.

Rep. Gordon Hintz, D-Oshkosh, called Rep. Michelle Litjens, R-Winneconne, Monday morning to apologize for his comments that Litjens described as containing an obscenity and the words “you’re dead.” Last week, he accepted responsibility for being issued an ordinance violation for visiting a massage parlor in Appleton that was the subject of a prostitution sting.

Litjens told The Northwestern she did not want the incident to become public, but confirmed it after other Assembly representatives contacted a Milwaukee conservative talk show host who commented on the issue on the air Monday.

Hintz would not confirm his exact comments and referred to them merely as an “outburst” that occurred over shock at the way Republicans broke procedural rules for the Assembly early Friday morning by not calling for a vote to end the debate. When the vote was taken Democrats were caught off guard and many did not cast their ballots.

“I believe my response was shock. The only way they were going to pass this bill was by ignoring and shredding rules of the Assembly,” Hintz said. “I apologized (Monday) when I learned my comments may have been taken personally by someone.”

Litjens, who said she did not take Hintz’ comments personally, believed he was directing it to all Republicans because they voted to move the bill ahead.
    “I was the closest one,” she said.

She accepted his apology but turned to Assembly leadership to request that Hintz be disciplined.
    “Everyone was exhausted. We were on the floor for 58 hours. (But) there is still no excuse for his comment,” Litjens said. “We should be able to civilly discuss issues we are passionate about without feeling threatened.”

Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald was not available to comment Monday. An aide said Fitzgerald called Minority Leader Peter Barca, D-Kenosha, Monday to ask how he wished to proceed on the Hintz comments as well as an incident in which Rep. Chris Danou, D- Trempealeau, is accused of throwing an object that hit a Republican on the other side of the aisle.

Hintz’ other apology came Feb. 21, after he was issued a citation for sexual misconduct in connection with a prostitution sting in Appleton at the Heavenly Touch Massage Parlor. Appleton police have offered few details about Hintz’ involvement. The Democrat who was elected to a third term in November issued a statement in which he took “full responsibility for his actions” but has not said what those action were. In an interview Monday, he declined to comment on the case.

“My legal counsel has said because this is a pending investigation I’m not allowed to speak on the case,” Hintz said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of comments. First, Hintz actually said, "You're F***ing dead!" to the other assembly member. Second, the victim of his threat, Michelle Litjens, was a woman. Third, Hintz is a Democrat, and his intended victim is a Republican.

Now, since we've learned from Tuscon that violent language encourages violent acts, can we blame any violence in Wisconsin on Hintz, who casually makes obscene death threats at physically smaller political opponents in public?
    It looks like you beat Hootie to this one. I was expecting an owl rage rant for Hintz saying that!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I know I'm stating the obvious here but . . . . NO. The left are NEVER to blame. Only conservatives can be racist - sexist or incite violence.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Except the shooting in Tuscon actually happened. You're just crossing your fingers that people will die in Wisconsin so you can be like "LOOK! LOOK AT THE DEMOCRAT!".

You're actually making the Democrats look good, which is a tough feat.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I know I'm stating the obvious here but . . . . NO. The left are NEVER to blame. Only conservatives can be racist - sexist or incite violence.
    Bitch needed to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Bitch needed to be told.
    Use of smileys will help ensure people don't confuse such posting as serious.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Except the shooting in Tuscon actually happened. You're just crossing your fingers that people will die in Wisconsin so you can be like "LOOK! LOOK AT THE DEMOCRAT!".

Still blaming the wrong people I see. Typical of you though.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Are you seriously going to claim that the idiot in AZ who did the shooting was a conservative? Are you seriously that stoopid??

Except for three things, you'd be correct. First, the rhetoric that the left claimed incited the shooter was among the mildest stuff ever posted (a photo of "targeted" reps with crosshairs? Puh-lease...). Second, I'm not crossing my fingers that people will die in Wisconsin. In fact, I'd prefer that they not die, especially since the victims would be Republicans, and I'm not prepared to sacrifice people on my side for cheap political points. Third, the shooter in Tuscon was not animated by Palin's rhetoric. According to his various online profiles, he was a reader of Mein Kampf and an advocate of the proper use of language, which means that the only affiliation that can be seriously proposed for him is that he was a Grammar Nazi. But, other than those points, which are pretty much your entire argument, you would be correct, or at least your punctuation didn't require correction.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Are you seriously going to claim that the idiot in AZ who did the shooting was a conservative? Are you seriously that stoopid??
    No, he's that blatantly partisan.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

No, he's that blatantly partisan.
    meaning that he is that stoopid.