1. #1 Well, this was only a matter of time. 
    Power CUer
    Some fool wants to legislate punishing women for miscarriages - "prenatal murder".

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/g...renatal-Murder
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I assume that this would be used primarily toward women who use drugs or alcohol while pregnant, who already are subject to CPS and Family Court if they give birth to a child who tests positive for drugs or who is born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Being that this is Georgia, I wonder if the rep wants the death penalty for women who miscarry due to their lifestyles? Does that mean that a woman who has a miscarriage due to something like malnutrition could be executed for not eating right when pregnant?

I suspect it's just a play for attention by the legislator in question, since Roe v Wade supercedes any proposed law like this. As long as abortion is legal, stupid laws like this can't be enacted.

I hate the "there oughtta be a law" crowd...

Don't care what side they're on, ENOUGH!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

There are some things that keep me up nights at times, but that's not going to be one of them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Some fool wants to legislate punishing women for miscarriages - "prenatal murder".

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/g...renatal-Murder
    wow. lots of spin in the title of that article and in the coverage of this story. I guess we know what side of the discussion the author is on.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Being that this is Georgia, I wonder if the rep wants the death penalty for women who miscarry due to their lifestyles?
    Yes, he's in favor of the death penalty if she can't 'splain why she miscarried. :mad:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Yes, he's in favor of the death penalty if she can't 'splain why she miscarried. :mad:
    and in what section of the bill do you find that?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Wow, talk about a nanny-stater. He wants to control pregnant women's behavior, and possibly even the food they eat. I'll bet he thinks that Michelle Obama's program to encourage families to eat more healthy food is an evil plot against freedom.