Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Critics Slam ABC Pilot 'Good Christian Bitches' for 'Inappropriate,' 'Damaging' Title 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    An ABC pilot called “Good Christian Bitches” has religious and women’s groups up in arms over what they describe as an extremely offensive and distasteful show title.

The dramedy, based on Kim Gatlin’s novel of the same name, will be brought to life by famed “Sex and the City” and “90210” executive producer Darren Star. The plot centers on the life of reformed “mean girl” Amanda, played by “Talladega Nights” actress Leslie Bibb, who returns to her hometown of Dallas to find herself fodder for malicious gossip from the women in the Christian community.

Still in the early stages, the pilot has not been guaranteed a spot on ABC’s lineup. And though the show’s title may change before it goes to broadcast, “Good Christian Bitches” is already causing uproar. ..Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column that the show, which features the tagline “For Heaven’s sake, don’t let God get in the way of a good story!” could put Christians in an unfairly bad light.

“I find the title offensive. I don’t think those two words should be combined,” she said. “A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country].”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...le/?test=faces

Ah, the last of 2 bastions of people it's OK to offend: Christians and fat people. I guess this is OK so now maybe someone can make a show called J.A.P.'s.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Desperate broadcast networks do desperate things.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ah, the last of 2 bastions of people it's OK to offend: Christians and fat people. I guess this is OK so now maybe someone can make a show called J.A.P.'s.
    since when is it ok to make fun of fat people....:mad::mad:

Unless you are fat ;)

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    since when is it ok to make fun of fat people....:mad:

Unless you are fat ;)
    Lighten up dumplin!:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Personally - no skin off my noes. They already portray Christians as idiots and/or bigots on TV so this is nothing new. But I ask you this - substitute muslim for Christian and no one would even have considered going forward with this project. What does that say?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    Jewess Jeans commercial from SNL

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...jeans/1056741/

I doubt it. Look at what happened to Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson in Hollywood when they crossed that line.

It looks like overweight people, women, Christians are fair game. Muslims are definitely protected, as are Jewish people in Hollywood (probably not elsewhere).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Personally - no skin off my noes. They already portray Christians as idiots and/or bigots on TV so this is nothing new. But I ask you this - substitute muslim for Christian and no one would even have considered going forward with this project. What does that say?

Some Christians are idiots and bigots. You can't support a claim that Christians are disproportionately portrayed as such. Are you complaining because there are idiots and bigots expressing themselves in a religious framework or excuse platform and that they are represented on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Some Christians are idiots and bigots. You can't support a claim that Christians are disproportionately portrayed as such. Are you complaining because there are idiots and bigots expressing themselves in a religious framework or excuse platform and that they are represented on TV?
    Some atheists are idiots and bigots. Do you ever see that on TV? Most Christians are neither idiots nor bigots, ever see ANY of that on TV? When is the last time you saw an honest, practicing Christian on TV? Are you old enough to remember any of them??
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.