Thread: STUNNING! Teachers Union backers, defend this please

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 STUNNING! Teachers Union backers, defend this please 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    140 teacher retirement requests approved

The emeritus program gives one full year’s salary paid over three years. That is in addition to pension benefits. In return, the retiree provides 10 days of service to the district each year during that time. The emeritus program is something that has been negotiated into the teachers’ contract through collective bargaining.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...king-to-retire

To put it into an easier to understand way, Public School Teachers in Green Bay can retire, join an “emeritus program,” and earn a full years pay for working 30 days over 3 years. I kid you not, this is a real program, and 140 Green Bay teachers have applied this year.

Now, State Senate Democrats are defending this sort of collective bargaining, where no one is on the side of the taxpayer!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

The emeritus program gives one full year’s salary paid over three years. That is in addition to pension benefits. In return, the retiree provides 10 days of service to the district each year during that time. The emeritus program is something that has been negotiated into the teachers’ contract through collective bargaining.

To put it into an easier to understand way, Public School Teachers in Green Bay can retire, join an “emeritus program,” and earn a full years pay for working 30 days over 3 years. I kid you not, this is a real program, and 140 Green Bay teachers have applied this year.

Now, State Senate Democrats are defending this sort of collective bargaining, where no one is on the side of the taxpayer!
    Sadly - it's cheaper to have them retire like this and hire a new teacher than it is to keep them in the classroom adding to their pensions.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's their right.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Politically tired.
    The school systems often want to keep using who they are familiar with. Chances are these teachers will be doing more than ten days service.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The school systems often want to keep using who they are familiar with. Chances are these teachers will be doing more than ten days service.
    sure - they'll come back as subs keeping new teachers out of the system.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

I don't approve of that, but then I am amazed at the government jobs which allow one to theoretically retire at 38 or 43 years old simply because he has 20 or 25 years in. Is there something magical about that? My dad worked until he was 70 before he retired and my mom retired at 65.

However, when you consider the pay and severance packages that school superintendents get, and the fact that they are often hired even though they come from some system they ruined or did little to make better , the pay and benefits to teachers seems reasonable. And when you compare all of this, because you would have to add the salaries of all these people, to the pay packages of some of these nepotistic CEO types who sit on each others' board and vote themselves millions, well, it's all crumbs under the table.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    sure - they'll come back as subs keeping new teachers out of the system.
    You mean like the double and triple dippers in the legislatures and federal government?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You mean like the double and triple dippers in the legislatures and federal government?
    yup.

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I don't approve of that, but then I am amazed at the government jobs which allow one to theoretically retire at 38 or 43 years old simply because he has 20 or 25 years in. Is there something magical about that? My dad worked until he was 70 before he retired and my mom retired at 65.

However, when you consider the pay and severance packages that school superintendents get, and the fact that they are often hired even though they come from some system they ruined or did little to make better , the pay and benefits to teachers seems reasonable. And when you compare all of this, because you would have to add the salaries of all these people, to the pay packages of some of these nepotistic CEO types who sit on each others' board and vote themselves millions, well, it's all crumbs under the table.
    Must be, because the only ones I can find are military. Believe it or not, as people age, they find it more difficult to maintain the standard physical requirements of military life, so we allow them to retire after 20 or 25 years of hard service to our country. If you are so jealous of that, see your local recruiter. Personally, I have no problem with paying taxes to support those that gave so much to our country. Oh, and they only get 30 days vacation a year, teachers get 3x that.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.