Thread: So Sarah Paulin is now a "Brood Mare"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 So Sarah Paulin is now a "Brood Mare" 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3459393

Look ar comment 106 by hamsterjill

hamsterjill Donating Member (138 posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-29-08 10:54 AM
    Response to Reply #14
    106. She's not a woman...she's a

Brood mare!!!

5 children? The last of which was born recently and she's 44? And the child has Down's Syndrome? I read where she went back to work 3 days after the birth.

I'm sorry, I guess some will think me heartless, but woman over 35 who choose to have children are made aware of the risks involved. And I can understand someone who desperately wanted a child and wasn't able to have one until after that age. But this woman already had FOUR children.

Birth control is NOT a bad thing.

I hope the feminists that I know are smart enough to see this person for what she is. And she's no Hillary!
    Please somebody take a picture of this before they take it down.

To be fair, some of the DUmmies called her out on this, but that doesn't make this any less disgusting.

:mad:

They do give hamster a bad time tho. Pelosi has 5 also!

Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3459393

Look ar comment 106 by hamsterjill

Please somebody take a picture of this before they take it down.

To be fair, some of the DUmmies called her out on this, but that doesn't make this any less disgusting.

:mad:
    Wait until the DUmmies hear she knew the baby had Down Syndrome before he was born, I've already seen an utterly disgusting post on a lib blog condemning her for not aborting.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

They do give hamster a bad time tho. Pelosi has 5 also!
    It's totally up to her. Pelosi had all of hers in rapid succession when she was younger; I assume Palin knew the risks and made an educated decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    Wait until the DUmmies hear she knew the baby had Down Syndrome before he was born, I've already seen an utterly disgusting post on a lib blog condemning her for not aborting.
    They know:
    soleft Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 11:29 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. "to have a son who she knew would have Down syndrome"

I expect it will play well
    SunDrop23 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 11:36 AM
    Response to Reply #2
    7. OMG they will eat this up. You'll hear "POW" and "down's syndrome" in every sentence...(nt)

Resident Grump
    Birth control is NOT a bad thing.
    Sadly, in your case, too late.

I believe that people should be able to choose how many children they want. That is what "pro-choice" is all about. If you want 5 kids, have 5 kids. If you can take care of a kid with Downs syndrome, then have that kid. But by the same token, I don't want to have children and I don't want to be criticized for using birth control and not having them. It's all about the choice for me, not about the numbers. If you have a bunch of kids and can't afford another with special needs, I understand abortion in those circumstances, as it allows the other children to be supported; but I don't ever believe that that choice--or any other--is mandatory.

I know many of you will disagree with me, but I really believe that people have to be able to make the choice on their own without government intervention.

Of course, I believe the government should not be able to intervene in my wallet either. :)

Power CUer
    Excellent post, Elspeth, in every detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I believe that people should be able to choose how many children they want. That is what "pro-choice" is all about. If you want 5 kids, have 5 kids. If you can take care of a kid with Downs syndrome, then have that kid. But by the same token, I don't want to have children and I don't want to be criticized for using birth control and not having them. It's all about the choice for me, not about the numbers. If you have a bunch of kids and can't afford another with special needs, I understand abortion in those circumstances, as it allows the other children to be supported; but I don't ever believe that that choice--or any other--is mandatory.

I know many of you will disagree with me, but I really believe that people have to be able to make the choice on their own without government intervention.

Of course, I believe the government should not be able to intervene in my wallet either. :)
    I agree wholeheartedly with the choice to utilize birth control (although I have some problems with some of the birth control options, but in general, I'm not opposed to it).

I do not, however, agree that "less than perfect" children should be aborted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

As Linda noted, an excellent post. Unfortunately, as you probably already know, the extremes of both sides love government interference in people's lives. They simply disagree on the agenda for that interference.