Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    And here's another one:
    "This woman is gonna get the Hillary Clinton voter like I'm gonna have sex with Victoria Secret super models."

Ah, someone after Gator's own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    Thank you for that - my sister had a Down Syndrome baby, she died in 1999 at age 16. She was a wonderful gift to our entire family. We miss her dearly.
    I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. I don't personally know (very well, anyway) any Down Syndrome children. However, when I was in college, there was a guy that I was friendly with, whose youngest sister (big Catholic family, he was the oldest of 9, I think) was Down's Syndrome. I remember him telling me that he never understood the meaning of unconditional love until she came into their family. He would just light up when he talked about her and her ability to love so freely and how she had taught him so much about what love meant. He was only 18 at the time and I always remembered his words. I find myself drawn to children with Down's Syndrome whenever I see them out in public. There is a certain sweetness and openness to them that is hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. I don't personally know (very well, anyway) any Down Syndrome children. However, when I was in college, there was a guy that I was friendly with, whose youngest sister (big Catholic family, he was the oldest of 9, I think) was Down's Syndrome. I remember him telling me that he never understood the meaning of unconditional love until she came into their family. He would just light up when he talked about her and her ability to love so freely and how she had taught him so much about what love meant. He was only 18 at the time and I always remembered his words. I find myself drawn to children with Down's Syndrome whenever I see them out in public. There is a certain sweetness and openness to them that is hard to resist.
    Because of my niece, it's hard for me to think of Down Syndrome as a birth defect because they're so amazingly loving and sweet.