Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    A test of a true prophet is the number of times that his prophecies have been fulfilled. None for Mr. Camping, none for Joseph Smith, None for Mohammad and none for Pat Robertson. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    A test of a true prophet is the number of times that his prophecies have been fulfilled. None for Mr. Camping, none for Joseph Smith, None for Mohammad and none for Pat Robertson. :p
    To date, no "prophet" has predicted ANY future event. Ever. All assumptions are based on retroactive writings and/or matching of historical occurrences. No one even knows with certainty whether it will rain tomorrow.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    To date, no "prophet" has predicted ANY future event. Ever. All assumptions are based on retroactive writings and/or matching of historical occurrences. No one even knows with certainty whether it will rain tomorrow.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Same way some people buy into parting the Red Sea and Noah and the Ark type stuff, I guess.
    your own personal opinion, but they are recorded events in the Bible. The exact DATE of Christ's second coming is completely different as Christ specifically stated to be wary of anyone that claims exactly when he'll be coming again.

:)

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    retroactive writings? explain that.

He's probably referencing some so called scholars that claim the majority of the old Testement was written well after events in them, particularly Daniel, Issiah, Ezekiel, which all have Prophecies in them, including many that Prophecy Christs First Advent and the rise of the World Powers. (though how one claims that the prediction of the fall and breaking of the Roman Empire by the Germanic tribes and the Rise of the Catholic Church before there was an established Church is beyond me)

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    He's probably referencing some so called scholars that claim the majority of the old Testement was written well after events in them, particularly Daniel, Issiah, Ezekiel, which all have Prophecies in them, including many that Prophecy Christs First Advent and the rise of the World Powers. (though how one claims that the prediction of the fall and breaking of the Roman Empire by the Germanic tribes and the Rise of the Catholic Church before there was an established Church is beyond me)
    Well, that's the entire point of OT prophecy - it foreshadows later events.

This May date is heating up, though. There's been chatter about it for a few years now. I hope I can replace my front fence before The End. I was shooting for a mid-May installation. I may need to bump that up. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, that's the entire point of OT prophecy - it foreshadows later events.

This May date is heating up, though. There's been chatter about it for a few years now. I hope I can replace my front fence before The End. I was shooting for a mid-May installation. I may need to bump that up. :p
    First I've heard of it, and I follow this stuff semi-regularly

ok, found this dudes reasoning for May 21, 2011

The number 5, Camping concluded, equals "atonement." Ten is "completeness." Seventeen means "heaven." Camping patiently explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011.

"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.

"Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said. "It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved.
    http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-01-0...time-camping/2

I don't buy it, it sounds too much like the Bible Code stuff.