Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Golf is Back! Obama’s 60th Outing as President 
    Well, the mercury has crept back up above 60 degrees here in Washington, and so it’s time once again for President Obama to head out to the golf course.

This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course.

According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and two this year, including today.

George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining why he did it in a 2008 interview with POLITICO.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Some think Obama should follow Bush’s example. But Obama clearly is addicted to the game and probably feels he needs to play to get his mind off of Washington, generally choosing the company of young administration staffers instead of lawmakers or senior aides.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Anything that bashes golf is OK with me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Anything that bashes golf is OK with me.
    That's because you are low class.

Although Obama's 60th outing playing golf is a tad over the top, it does keep his mind off of f....g up the country for a few hours at a time.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 03-07-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That's because you are low class.
    So saith the member from the genetic slurry that is Louisiana.

The only kind of golf I've ever played involves hitting the ball through little windmills and castles. I really don't care how much golf a president plays, it seems to be a popular game among the politicians.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So saith the member from the genetic slurry that is Louisiana.
    We do have our share of genetic freaks like you here but probably not as many as in Key West.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The only kind of golf I've ever played involves hitting the ball through little windmills and castles. I really don't care how much golf a president plays, it seems to be a popular game among the politicians.
    Many business people play golf not only for the fun of it but to make contacts. Kinda leaves a dipshit like Nova out. It is also one of the few active sports you can play at a ripe old age. Arnold Palmer comes to mind.

We do have our share of genetic freaks like you here but probably not as many as in Key West.
    Key West isn't as gay as Wilton Manors, by the raw numbers.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Well, the mercury has crept back up above 60 degrees here in Washington, and so it’s time once again for President Obama to head out to the golf course.

This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course.

According to statistics compiled by CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, who keeps close tabs on the president’s activities, Obama played 30 rounds in 2010, 28 rounds in 2009, and two this year, including today.

George W. Bush gave up golfing in 2003, explaining why he did it in a 2008 interview with POLITICO.

“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Some think Obama should follow Bush’s example. But Obama clearly is addicted to the game and probably feels he needs to play to get his mind off of Washington, generally choosing the company of young administration staffers instead of lawmakers or senior aides.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/
    :mad::mad::mad: LIES ALL LIES!! Bush was the one who was always playing golf and on vacation!! Obama is the hardest working man in America!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    Many business people play golf not only for the fun of it but to make contacts. Kinda leaves a dipshit like Nova out. It is also one of the few active sports you can play at a ripe old age. Arnold Palmer comes to mind.
    It's a stretch to call something a sport when people smoke between turns, sometimes play on alcohol or drugs, and ride around in an electric cart.