1. #1 Two U.S. Marshals, One St. Louis Police Officer Shot In South City 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Two U.S. Marshals and a St. Louis City police officer have been shot in the 3100 block of Osage in St. Louis City. There are also reports that the suspect was shot. The SWAT Team was called to the scene.

The St. Louis City police officer was taken to Barnes Hospital. A police spokes person says the officer, who works with the U.S. Marshals office, was hit or grazed by a bullet. Police say he's going to be just fine.

The two Marshals were taken to SLU and are alert, according to a SLU Hospital official. There immediate condition is not known.

The shooting happened around 6:50 a.m. A witness says three U.S. Marshals showed up at the suspectís door to take him into custody and he opened fire on them. He then told his sister he was "going out in a body bag." Another witness says three children inside the home were taken to a neighbor's home before the incident occurred. She says police told her there was a warrant for the suspect's arrest.

While reports indicate the suspect was shot, it is not clear if he is in custody. Neighbors describe the suspect as a person with a criminal history.

LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The only good thing about this is that the children were safe.

Sad news...prayers for the quick recovery of the Marshals and Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The only good thing about this is that the children were safe.

Sad news...prayers for the quick recovery of the Marshals and Officer.
    The other good news is the perp is gone, sparing the expense of a trial. This gets me upset, as the St Louis cops and the US Marshalls were some of my clients in my previous job. I'm going to call a cop buddy tomorrow and find out what's happening.

There are way too many criminals assaulting law enforcement agencies. There have been two separate incidents in St Petersburg, Fl (not that far from us) where officers were killed trying to serve warrants or just plain ambushed.

The area they're talking about, South St Louis, is a very old area of brick houses, most probably over 100 years old, formerly inhabited by German immigrants. The area has since become the home of many ethnic groups. There has been a flight to the suburbs, with not that many original residents choosing to live in the actual city of St Louis.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The other good news is the perp is gone, sparing the expense of a trial. .
    Amen!

I know how you feel, I have many friends in law enforcement, public service and even judges...I worry about everyone of them..