Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    When my son was playing volleyball in Sweden, he said they ate all sorts of fish .. for breakfast! He was never a picky eater, and he caught on fast. Some of that fish that I read about sounded plain stinky!
    I've eaten fish for breakfast my whole life but I am Swedish-American. There are some fish preparations eaten in Scandinavia that are a bit exotic because they are partially.....well....rotted but the end result is a lot more like cheese than zombie fish. It's perfectly safe although it may explain some of the day-drinking that goes on over there. :D

When my son was playing volleyball in Sweden, he said they ate all sorts of fish .. for breakfast! He was never a picky eater, and he caught on fast. Some of that fish that I read about sounded plain stinky!
    I would rather have eaten the volleyball then some of the fish, my grandpa was a Swede.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I would rather have eaten the volleyball then some of the fish, my grandpa was a Swede.
    no kidding! I read about that fish... some of it is canned, and the rottenner, and stinkier, the better.

My kid and some of the other Americans in the league threw together a stuffed turkey dinner for thanksgiving. They were homesick. Plus, the locals loved it too.

Stinky fish.. NO. Stinky cheese.. bring it on.

no kidding! I read about that fish... some of it is canned, and the rottenner, and stinkier, the better.

My kid and some of the other Americans in the league threw together a stuffed turkey dinner for thanksgiving. They were homesick. Plus, the locals loved it too.

Stinky fish.. NO. Stinky cheese.. bring it on.
    It's a funny thing about the cheese but you're right.:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've never cooked skate but here are 9 ways to do it: Nine Ways to Cook Skate.

Do yourself a favor and just dip that trout in cornmeal and lightly pan fry it in butter. Trout is very delicate. Deep frying it is a big waste in terms of taste. Steamed trout is also very good! Clean it and put some lemon butter and chives in the cavity. Drape a few thin lemon slices over it and wrap the whole thing up in foil. Cook it at about 400 F for 15 or 20 minutes depending on the size.
    you know what. You are absolutely right. I used to do it that way and quite frankly i'd forgotten cause it just got too easy to let the guys handle it. I'm might do that tomorrow to get back into the hang of it. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    you know what. You are absolutely right. I used to do it that way and quite frankly i'd forgotten cause it just got too easy to let the guys handle it. I'm might do that tomorrow to get back into the hang of it. Thanks for the reminder.
    You won't regret the effort. Pan-fried trout is a thing of beauty. :D