1. #1 Gaddafi's scorched earth: Libya's skies turn black 
    Gaddafi's scorched earth: Libya's skies turn black as desperate dictator blows up oil pipes and turns his tanks on civilians

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 6:40 PM on 9th March 2011

Colonel Gaddafi's forces today blasted an oil terminal to smithereens as Libya's bloody civil war entered its blackest day. Rebels retaliated by firing back with rockets as a fireball exploded from one of the oil tanks and the sky above the Es Sider terminal, in the east of the country, filled with hideous smoke.

A witness said one of the smoke plumes was the biggest he had seen in the conflict so far.

The fresh onslaught came as Gaddafi deployed tanks and snipers to 'shoot anything that moves'. Forces loyal to the Libyan dictator poured into the city of Zawiyah in a desperate bid to oust the hardcore band of protesters and army defectors who have taken control.

Black clouds: Libyan rebels attack government troops as a natural gas facility burns on the frontline near Ras Lanuf today

Witnesses said dead bodies were lying in the ruins of many buildings destroyed in air raids earlier in the week and there was no one in the streets of the centre of the city of 290,000.

'We can see the tanks. The tanks are everywhere,' one rebel fighter said by telephone.

Eye witnesses said that the city had been almost flattened after a 13-and-a-half hour barrage from rockets, tanks and war planes. The hellish scenes unfolded as senior officials in the U.S. spoke of their fears that the country had reached a painful stalemate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1G8oiqLDa

So much for " you don't need guns to win a revolution" theory the leftist came up with.

But not to worry, by next week Moonbats wil blame the US for the burning oil.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Bumping for the real news of the day.

The photographer did a great job on that image-he got both the explosion and plume, and the rebels in the tank driving by.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The photographer did a great job on that image-he got both the explosion and plume, and the rebels in the tank driving by.
    Pulitzer?

I'm still trying to find the tank.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Looks like many of the media nut jobs misjudged Gaddafi's ability to fight off the rebels. Although I would love to see this murder die a slow painfull death, a new regime may be worse than the old one. We should stay out of it. Let them kill each-other. We have meddled in M.E. affairs too much in my opinion. The damn camel jockeys are never going to like us.

Tank???
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I'm still trying to find the tank.
    I think that it might be behind the pickup truck with the field expedient gun mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Looks like many of the media nut jobs misjudged Gaddafi's ability to fight off the rebels. Although I would love to see this murder die a slow painfull death, a new regime may be worse than the old one. We should stay out of it. Let them kill each-other. We have meddled in M.E. affairs too much in my opinion. The damn camel jockeys are never going to like us.
    No, they won't. That's why Machiavelli said that it is better to be feared than loved.

In that spirit, I propose that we enforce a no-fly rule down to ground level, i.e., anything that stands taller than a blade of grass gets cut down. A JDAM on both of their houses.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!