Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    1) They're not "critters", they're people like you and I.
    2) Try having Muslim friends or neighbors. They're not bad people and all the ones I've met love our way of life. Some of them dress differently in Middle Eastern garb, but others dress just like you or I would. I know quite a few Muslim women who wear no head covering; a few Muslim men who wear not even a day's worth of facial hair. And all of the ones I've met think terrorism is evil.
    What you are not getting is that those Muslims who do want to live here peacefully are the first targets of the radicals. Islamists seek to drive a wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims, so that they can carve out enclaves of influence. We see this in Europe, where the first Muslim immigrants were westernized people who wanted nothing to do with Sharia law. The radicals would come in, set up mosques, create incidents and then demand concessions. Those moderate Muslims who objected were terrorized or ostracized, while their kids were taken in. The non-Muslims would accede to the demands of the radicals in a misguided attempt to appear open-minded and tolerant, but every concession empowered the radicals at the expense of the moderates. For example, those Islamist who demand the imposition of "voluntary" arbitration in accordance with Sharia law know that a Muslim who doesn't want to submit to a Sharia court can be accused of apostasy and denying the prophet, so the moderates are under tremendous pressure to submit their cases. Eventually, the imams are the only ones who can dispense justice (or what passes for it) and the community has no choice but to go along with it, because the secular courts will enforce the Sharia court's rulings. The fact that the Islamic Society of North America, a Muslim Brotherhood front, controls the leases of 80% of the mosques in the US (and therefore the staffing therein) is a serious indicator of how dangerous the situation is. King's hearings are the only hope that moderates have to escape the control of the radicals.

If you really want to help your Muslim friends, expose the wolves in their flock.
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Are these not the same people who thought it was funny when Boehner cried?
    Of course. And the same people who thought that Joseph Welch's tears in the McCarthy hearing were real.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You mean it's not funny when Boehner cries?
    I find it a tad embarrassing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

"ALL WHITE CHRISTIANS! This group is the group that has committed almost all the "HOME GROWN" terrorist attacks in America!"
    The very first home grown/ domestic terrorist to be included on the FBI's list of Most Wanted Terror Suspects was a liberal ecoterrorist named Daniel Andreas San Diego.
    Just sayin'.
    How do American Christians, especially fundamentalists, feel when Christian missionaries or other Christians living overseas -- say the Coptic Christians in Egypt -- are persecuted or accused of being dangerous to others in the countries in which they live?
    Christian missionaries and Christians overseas have done nothing to warrant such treatment, as they have not been carrying out and planning terrorist attacks in those areas. Their only "Crimes" are refusing to convert to Islam (Or, if occurring in a Communist nation, refusing to become Atheists), and occasionally telling a Muslim about Jesus. In contrast, radical Muslims have been carrying out and planning terrorist attacks in America for the last several years (Most recently the attempted bombing of a Christmas tree lighting ceremony a few months ago).
    btw, the whole hearing was about the increasing radicalization developing within the Muslim community, not about all Muslims being criminals.

"It has been brought to my attention that there are radical elements with in the Republican party that are instigating violence and speaking ill words about the president of the United States. These un American republicans need to be exposed and brought to justice."
    Oh, you mean like how you DUmmies were instigating violence and speaking ill words about President of the United States throughout the entire Bush Administration? So when you were doing it, "Dissent is patriotic" was a perfectly valid excuse, but now, anyone who dares criticize Obama belongs in prison?