1. #1 Wing nuts, if you contrast the unions with the tea party, at least get it right. 
    link

livingonearth (359 posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Mar-10-11 11:17 PM
    Original message
    Wing nuts, if you contrast the unions with the tea party, at least get it right.

I heard the jackass known as Rush Limbaugh today pointing out that the tea party never occupied a capitol building, disrupting government business. Please excuse me while I point out to any lurking freepers the main differences between the WI protesters and the Tea Party.

WI protesters = people actually fighting against government taking away their rights

Tea Party = people claiming to be fighting for rights they never lost in the first place

WI protesters = actual grassroots effort to preserve the freedom to collectively bargain

Tea Party = corporate funded astroturf movement to enable the destruction of bargaining freedom

I realize we here at DU understand this, but the freepers need to see it, even if they choose to reject it.
    Hmmmmm.........let me correct that.

WI protesters=unions saying f*ck you (taxpayers who pay their salary and benefits) I've got mine, and you and the state budget don't matter.

Tea Party=individuals who see that if taxes don't go down, deficit spending isn't ended and if a favorable climate for business isn't begun the economy is going to be even worse than it is now. Instead of everyone suffering a little, everyone will suffer a lot.

WI protesters=some teachers and others from unions with LOTS of union thugs, students and shipped in protesters from Illinois, Minnesota, California and all over. Hardly grass roots. Organized, funded and enabled by unions.

Tea Party=grass roots, individuals who heard about the protests on TV and the internet and chose to attend because they are concerned about their own welfare and that of the state and country.

Yea there are differences between the Tea Party and Unions. One big one is that the Tea Partiers were and are civil, polite and orderly. WI protesters not so much as soon as it was clear they were not going to get 100% if what they wanted.

It's always amusing as well as interesting to so how delusional they are and how they have to twist things in order to "win".

Has it occured to any of the "solidarity" crowd that their bloated and politically extortioned pay/benefits/pensions will be paid for on the backs of their own children?

WI protesters = spoiled public sector employees angry they are going to have to live like the rest of us

Tea Party = Tired of having their money confiscated to fund the spoiled unions and welfare queens

WI protesters = SEIU, AFL-CIO, MoveOn.Org MSM & Michael Moore...starting to get the picture

Tea Party = desire to get this country back to a smaller federal government and return power back to the state as the Constitution says it shoud be.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

WI protesters = actual grassroots effort to preserve the freedom to collectively bargain
    Can someone kindly point out in either the Wisconsin or U.S. Constitution where it says that collective bargaining is a right. Please? Anyone? Wilbur? WeeWee? Hazldick? Anyone? Oreo? But to be fair, sure you can collectively bargain. And who you're bargaining with has the same right to tell you to pound sand.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    WI protesters=some teachers and others from unions with LOTS of union thugs, students and shipped in protesters from Illinois, Minnesota, California and all over. Hardly grass roots. Organized, funded and enabled by Organizing for America, Barack Obama's personal political army.
    Had to make a correction there to ensure accuracy.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can someone kindly point out in either the Wisconsin or U.S. Constitution where it says that collective bargaining is a right. Please? Anyone? Wilbur? WeeWee? Hazldick? Anyone? Oreo? But to be fair, sure you can collectively bargain. And who you're bargaining with has the same right to tell you to pound sand.
    You mean entitlement, not right. Gotta be careful not to get suckered into the Left's word trap there. Rights are inherent; entitlements are written into reality by politicians and/or Leftist loons who are convinced that the world owes them everything that they want.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Had to make a correction there to ensure accuracy.
    My apologies; you are correct.