Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well, that gets back to the diversity argument. To date, I've seen no correlation between brawn and brains. If police departments only hire people who get the highest scores on math tests, then say hello to officers Yang, Sung, O, Takura, Chopahuyradhurarama, and Chan. Would white or black America really enjoy being policed by an all Oriental or East Indian police force? Doubtful. So somewhere between an exact match and significant representation is the happy medium.

If one judges from movies and television, what was America's opinion of the brainpower of the Irish policeman?
    No moron. Civil service tests work this way. The top 5 scores (not applicants) are eligible for an interview. You might have 10 applicants in that mix. The person that scores the lowest out of the top 5 scores has just as a good a chance. I have seen this happen in many cases. You should really SFTU cause you don't know squat about civil service hiring.

In the case of the police officers taking this test, you could not get enough blacks while scrapping the bottom of the barrel. In other words, they are not enough blacks to pour piss out of a boot that could pass a test that had already been dumbed down. You can not be that stupid to understand that a 58% on a test is equivalent to being severely not qualified. Even the NAACP chapter head agrees with me.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    No moron. Civil service tests work this way. The top 5 scores (not applicants) are eligible for an interview. You might have 10 applicants in that mix. The person that scores the lowest out of the top 5 scores has just as a good a chance. I have seen this happen in many cases. You should really SFTU cause you don't know squat about civil service hiring.

In the case of the police officers taking this test, you could not get enough blacks while scrapping the bottom of the barrel. In other words, they are not enough blacks to pour piss out of a boot that could pass a test that had already been dumbed down. You can not be that stupid to understand that a 58% on a test is equivalent to being severely not qualified. Even the NAACP chapter head agrees with me.
    The really stunning thing about this discussion, other than your sheer assholery, is that there are so many people who failed the test. It doesn't say much for the pool of people chasing police jobs, does it? Three quarters of the blacks and half the whites failed the test by the prior (and as you have noted already low) standard.

Seems to me, that we should be encouraging Orientals to take the test.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I wonder if a racist like Holder thinks that over 80% of those playing pro football and basketball should be white. Not enough honkies playing.:eek:

A revelation just occurred. It's either brawn or brains that gets you most jobs. Dumb shits need not apply for police work. They can always get on as night watchman. Duh
    So you think that you should be hired for what reason?

Banned
    The really stunning thing about this discussion, other than your sheer assholery, is that there are so many people who failed the test. It doesn't say much for the pool of people chasing police jobs, does it? Three quarters of the blacks and half the whites failed the test by the prior (and as you have noted already low) standard.

Seems to me, that we should be encouraging Orientals to take the test.
    Then there must be a bunch of dumb ass blacks and whites taking the test. Like I said, I doubt that most of them have an IQ over a 100. Even an asshole like you could probably pass the test. FYI, I would rather have a half ass intelligent Oriental than a dumb ass black or white.

The standards should be high. A score of 70 should be the minimum. I would think that those in that community do not want a bunch of dummy police officers. You probably would cause you seem to keep defending the low score test along with a racist like Holder.

Banned
    So you think that you should be hired for what reason?
    You want me perform brain surgery on you. I did not pass the doctors test but I can gain experience by on the job training. One day, I might be successful and not kill every one of my patients.