Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Should U.S. Forces Be Used to Create a No-Fly Zone Over Libya? 
    As Muammar al-Qaddafi's regime shows growing confidence after retaking a strategic town near Tripoli following days of relentless shelling against rebels, Arab foreign ministers meet in Egypt to discuss a no-fly zone over Libya. Do you think America's military should be used to help create a no-fly zone over Libya?

Should U.S. Forces Be Used to Create a No-Fly Zone Over Libya?
    Maybe -- I'm concerned about Americans being put in harm's way, and of another Middle East conflict. 7.21% (2,332 votes)

Yes -- It's important to limit Qaddafi's military options, and give the opposition a fighting chance. 30.05% (9,718 votes)

No -- This would be one step short of war, something we don't need right now. 59.93% (19,380 votes)

Other (post a comment) 2.81% (908 votes)
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...ly-zone-libya/

I voted Other. I would like to see some of the Arab countries step up to the plate and enforce this. Egypt and Saudi Arabia both have modern Air Forces. I would not be against helping, as long as we were not the main ones providing.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Not no, but hell no. The rebels are a rag tag bunch that do not stand a chance. They are getting their ass kicked badly and a no fly zone would do no good. An Army General that appeared on Fox said it is all over, and that the rebels are retreating like rats and will hightailing it to Egypt within a week. Government forces have won.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not no, but hell no. The rebels are a rag tag bunch that do not stand a chance. They are getting their ass kicked badly and a no fly zone would do no good. An Army General that appeared on Fox said it is all over, and that the rebels are retreating like rats and will hightailing it to Egypt within a week. Government forces have won.
    Let someone else do it for a change.We have enough on our plate with this half witted critter in the White House.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Let someone else do it for a change.We have enough on our plate with this half witted critter in the White House.
    For sure. He would f...it up and needlessly get some of our boys killed.

Make sure it all stays within Libya's borders and that both sides have plenty of small arms ammunition.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Make sure it all stays within Libya's borders and that both sides have plenty of small arms ammunition.
    Government jets, tanks and ships firing at rebels have overwhelmed them. The rebels have no organization or control centers. They are toast. Boy, did the administration, media and the pundits get it totally wrong. Made Obama and Hillary look like fools.

Government jets, tanks and ships firing at rebels have overwhelmed them. The rebels have no organization or control centers. They are toast. Boy, did the administration, media and the pundits get it totally wrong. Made Obama and Hillary look like fools.
    Latest news I'm reading today says that the Rebels are developing a centralized governing body. The eastern part of the country is still firmly in their hands, and they are receiving training from Army units that have defected.

I wouldn't say the fight is done yet. A No-Fly Zone would be a great morale boost for the rebels.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

So we will be stuck with the devil we know.
    This will mean they won't be quite so bold in Saudi Arabia.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Hillary and Obama are in way over their heads.How do you think these Arab leaders feel when they have to sit next to an old lady from America too ugly for their harems and hold their hand out ?
    Hillary's idea of Sec State is the Madeleine Albright school of diplomacy .Kiss the Arab Ass and hand him a bunch of our money .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Latest news I'm reading today says that the Rebels are developing a centralized governing body. The eastern part of the country is still firmly in their hands, and they are receiving training from Army units that have defected.

I wouldn't say the fight is done yet. A No-Fly Zone would be a great morale boost for the rebels.
    Let's stay out of it. We only get around 15% of our oil from the M.E. Much of the oil produced in that neck of the woods goes to Europe. Let them defend their own self interests for a change.

I am still laughing at your statement that the rebels are receiving training from Army soldiers that have defected. Shit, if they are that good we need them to train Afghans. Lets pay them; then we can bring all of our troops home.