Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I've lost track of this with the Japanese catastrophe. And first i've seen this topic. The Rebels. Are they Al Qaeda backed? Are they even Libyans?
    They're Libyans. Probably have some al Qaeda support, along with the Muslim Brotherhood (remember that their spiritual leader demanded Qaddafi's murder).
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    True. Using political/military capital to sway one side or the other side is a no win proposition. Just let these heathens kill each-other. The more the better.
    I'm truly amazed that Obama was able, very quickly, to manage to make himself look even more ineffectual than I thought possible, by demanding that Qaddafi lay off his people, then talking about a no-fly zone without actually moving any of our assets into the necessary positions from which to enforce one. He's managed to demonstrate that a petty dictator whose air force consists of aging Soviet-era crap is beyond our capacity to decisively engage.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He's managed to demonstrate that a petty dictator whose air force consists of aging Soviet-era crap is beyond our capacity to decisively engage.
    man, one of our Refueling tankers could take out their "Air Force"

I say no. if they challenge us then we have to kill their pilots and troops. we'll get the blame for killing ragheads and starting a war with another country. let someone else be the world cop for a change.

yankee stay home
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots