Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yeah, but do we need another thing to do? particularly in a Country that they don't like us to much? All three of those countries have operational Aircraft Carriers (French having the biggest AC) and can easily enforce a No-Fly Zone

I totally agree, I'm just saying that the french and others don't have anything as good as our carriers.

I think it's time for the euro-weenies to swallow their pride, and ally with Israel on this one. The Israelis usually have the best intel on middle east situations, and they have a strong military.

For a change, we ought to keep our noses out of it. Anyway, by the time The One, or Dear Leader if you prefer, decides to do anything it will all be over.

If the Europeans are so concerned, let the EU do something. France could send in the Legion and fix the problem in a week. It only took a few hundred Legionnaires to run the Libyan army out of Chad a couple of decades ago.

This isn't our problem. Let Europe or the Arab League deal with it. Just once, I'd like to see America not offer to be the world's policeman.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I totally agree, I'm just saying that the french and others don't have anything as good as our carriers.

I think it's time for the euro-weenies to swallow their pride, and ally with Israel on this one. The Israelis usually have the best intel on middle east situations, and they have a strong military.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_de_Gaulle_(R_91)

you are right, the Europeans don't know how to build large warships anymore, the de Gaulle was the first large warship built in Europe since 1951.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    For a change, we ought to keep our noses out of it. Anyway, by the time The One, or Dear Leader if you prefer, decides to do anything it will all be over.

If the Europeans are so concerned, let the EU do something. France could send in the Legion and fix the problem in a week. It only took a few hundred Legionnaires to run the Libyan army out of Chad a couple of decades ago.

This isn't our problem. Let Europe or the Arab League deal with it. Just once, I'd like to see America not offer to be the world's policeman.
    We need to address our own problems here at home. The Arabs are so appreciative of our help in Iraq and Afghanistan that 95% of the oil leases that they let out recently went to countries other than the US.:mad: Majors like Exxon and Chevron did not bid because the profit margins are slim and in some cases the companies will be lucky if they break even. Their compensation is based on production rather than price and is as low as a few bucks a barrel. This is the kind of thanks we get.

If the rebels win in Libya it will embolden the ones in Saudi and Kuwait.
    The rebels did just as much dancing and partying as the current government in Libya did when they returned the murderous bastard responsible for the Pan Am Flight 103 crash. I feel sorry for none of them.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

We gain nothing by either side winning. The rebels are primitives who make the DUmpsters look rational. Qaddafi is a thug who has murdered Americans. If Qaddafi cuts and runs, we should hunt him down and kill him for Lockerbie. If he wins, we should napalm his victory speech and barbecue his family along with him. Either way, our first act after a new government is formed should be to demand that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi be turned over to the US. Failure to do so will result in our declaration of Libya as a np-breathe zone, followed by strict enforcement. We can do that without endangering any of our people.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I've lost track of this with the Japanese catastrophe. And first i've seen this topic. The Rebels. Are they Al Qaeda backed? Are they even Libyans?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I've lost track of this with the Japanese catastrophe. And first i've seen this topic. The Rebels. Are they Al Qaeda backed? Are they even Libyans?
    They are Libyans, just more people that hate us but want our help.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    We gain nothing by either side winning. The rebels are primitives who make the DUmpsters look rational. Qaddafi is a thug who has murdered Americans. If Qaddafi cuts and runs, we should hunt him down and kill him for Lockerbie. If he wins, we should napalm his victory speech and barbecue his family along with him. Either way, our first act after a new government is formed should be to demand that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi be turned over to the US. Failure to do so will result in our declaration of Libya as a np-breathe zone, followed by strict enforcement. We can do that without endangering any of our people.
    True. Using political/military capital to sway one side or the other side is a no win proposition. Just let these heathens kill each-other. The more the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Nobody really knows. That's a great big festering sore of a problem.

Qaddafi claims that they're al-Qaeda, and maybe he's right, but he's not the most trustworthy of folks out there. They haven't really said anything about what they want other than Qaddafi out. It could very well be a case of Stalin overthrowing Castro, which is why we need to have nothing to do with it from a physical, tactile sense.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.