Thread: Something odd

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It was a frequent thing to see a Japanese person pull up to a store, step out of their car leaving it running, go in for 15 minutes, and come out, without a second thought.

I'd love to see somewhere in America I could do that.
    Japanese law is very strict .A thief is immediately dumped into some dungeon and stays there until someone finally decides to take him before a judge and lock him up for good.

Japanese prisons are brutal .A prisoner isn't allowed to talk or even look at another prisoner.If a prisoner breaks a rule the guards never hesitate to beat him with bamboo bats .A thief dishonors his entire family and brings great shame on their family name.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Japanese law is very strict .A thief is immediately dumped into some dungeon and stays there until someone finally decides to take him before a judge and lock him up for good.

Japanese prisons are brutal .A prisoner isn't allowed to talk or even look at another prisoner.If a prisoner breaks a rule the guards never hesitate to beat him with bamboo bats .A thief dishonors his entire family and brings great shame on their family name.
    Oh I know how bad they are. An acquantance of my family (he was America) tried to kill his Japanese mother in law. He ended up in a pretty nasty pit.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'm assuming this honor thing doesn't go for Yakuza?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm assuming this honor thing doesn't go for Yakuza?
    Even to an extent it goes for them as well.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Why aren't we hearing about looting in Japan?
    Because their society does not condone stealing from others simply because they have more than you do. They have not undermined the moral code to nearly the degree we have here, in the U.S.

In the U.S. we have one political party whose ENTIRE reason for existing is to promote theft and envy.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    no roads.

minimal crime in Japan? Maybe you just don't hear about it.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ja-japan/cri-crime

onthe other hand...just watching video of Japanese in line for water and food. No rioting, no fights, orderly. Now what would you attribute that to? Ethnicity? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    onthe other hand...just watching video of Japanese in line for water and food. No rioting, no fights, orderly. Now what would you attribute that to? Ethnicity? ;)
    For the love of pete its just a comparison between Savages and Non-savages or From the evolved and the Non evolved. Look at any part of a city or country and you tell me if its kept up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    For the love of pete its just a comparison between Savages and Non-savages or From the evolved and the Non evolved. Look at any part of a city or country and you tell me if its kept up or not.
    To be fair, Japan, like any other nation, has it's share of knuckleheads, however, being that traditionally they are a much more reserved people(in my experience, Japanese people are the most respectful people I've ever met) and in a case like this, it's better to keep a cool head. Also, they've been through this kind of thing before and no how to handle it and have contingencies for this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.