Thread: Whats better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Whats better? 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    I want to buy a 50 inch TV but I dont know if I want a Plasma or LCD, what kind is better? and what level of Hz (i.e 600hz) is best?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I want to buy a 50 inch TV but I dont know if I want a Plasma or LCD, what kind is better? and what level of Hz (i.e 600hz) is best?
    anything over 40inches you want plasma, LCD are getting better, but Plasma is still better over 40 inches.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    anything over 40inches you want plasma, LCD are getting better, but Plasma is still better over 40 inches.
    Ok being a noob at this shit what does Hz have to do with the picture? is 600hz a good range?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    I hear LED's are not very good but I havent really looked at them
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    All those huge TVs look weird and blurry to me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    All those huge TVs look weird and blurry to me.
    I hear STD's will screw up your vision, I'd check into that.
    Last edited by Bailey; 03-14-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Ok being a noob at this shit what does Hz have to do with the picture? is 600hz a good range?
    that part I'm not sure about....I'm not overly big into TV's

    here's a website that might help
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...ma-vs-lcd.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    that part I'm not sure about....I'm not overly big into TV's

    here's a website that might help
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...ma-vs-lcd.html
    Thanks that site was very informative. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,144
    Here's an old CU discussion about this topic.

    It's a couple years old but looks to be relevant.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Here's an old CU discussion about this topic.

    It's a couple years old but looks to be relevant.
    Thanks JB :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •