Thread: Omg - Aog!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For the most part, I don't really care what religion (if any) a politician is. Romney's a Mormon - didn't bother me (although I wasn't a fan for other reasons). Lieberman is Orthodox Jewish - doesn't bother me (he's one of my Senators). Wiccans typically respect other faiths - Wiccans won't be crashing planes into tall buildings or beheading people in the streets.

So Palin's AOG? Big fat freaking deal. :) Her faith is her business, not mine.

There are a very limited number of religious affiliations that'd make it hard for me to vote for a candidate. For example, I could never vote for someone who's a Fred Phelps devotee. I would be unlikely to vote for a devout Muslim any time soon. Aside from the few exceptions, I don't care about a politician's faith.

Kind of funny that a lot of moderates and conservatives are more accepting of different religious beliefs than the far left, eh?
    Last edited by Katiebug; 08-30-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Her church doesn't fly planes into buildings and it doesn't sit there screaming US of KKK, etc etc.

Oh - in reference to the previous poster who said there was a rumor that she was wiccan -
    I'd have no problem with a wiccan in the white house. They dont' fly planes into buildings either.
    And they dont' all sit around blaming the white man for the worlds problems.
    By the way, the Wiccan rumor came about because 2 of her daughters are named the same as good witches on TV shows... Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Piper from Charmed. It may just be coincidence, but if Palin is a fan of those shows like I am, I love her all the more! It means she has an inner geek inside her, and that picture of her with the Viking LARPers only reinforces that possibility! Woohoo, she's my kinda woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post

Kind of funny that a lot of moderates and conservatives are more accepting of different religious beliefs than the far left, eh?
    Only just "kinda" funny?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.