Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post

For the avoidance of doubt, while I don't agree with a lot of what Wilbur says, comparing him to Hitler or attempting to attribute Nazi ideology to him is pretty ludicrous.
    Bloody fascist.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    He did love Blondi, that's true. So much so, that he used her to test the poison before he took it himself.

Nasty bastard, he was.

For the avoidance of doubt, while I don't agree with a lot of what Wilbur says, comparing him to Hitler or attempting to attribute Nazi ideology to him is pretty ludicrous.
    Oddly, I'm the resident fascist and no one ever accuses me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Hardly noticeable, somewhat insignificant. What were we talking about?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Oh well... good thing you are here to tell me what I think and believe - always good to find out!
    Given your lack of self-awareness (and surfeit of self-absorption), it's no surprise that you believe yourself to be the sole voice of reason and logic, when in fact you are anything but. If my efforts have made you aware of this, then it's been worth it. If not, it's still worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now that you know, do the honorable thing.
    Honor is one of those quaint ideas that sophisticates like Wilbur have no time for.
    He did love Blondi, that's true. So much so, that he used her to test the poison before he took it himself.

Nasty bastard, he was.

Yes, but it isn't ridiculous to point out that many of Wilbur's positions bring him to the same conclusions. For example, his dismissal of human life as having intrinsic value beyond its utility is extremely similar to the Nazi concept of “life unworthy of life”, or “Lebensunwertes Leben”.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yes, but it isn't ridiculous to point out that many of Wilbur's positions bring him to the same conclusions. For example, his dismissal of human life as having intrinsic value beyond its utility is extremely similar to the Nazi concept of “life unworthy of life”, or “Lebensunwertes Leben”.
    His opinion on Christianity and religion is also the same as Hitlers--"Hopefully it dies a natural death", "it's a crime against nature", "the product of sick minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Don't forget the resident Mo too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Given your lack of self-awareness (and surfeit of self-absorption), it's no surprise that you believe yourself to be the sole voice of reason and logic, when in fact you are anything but.
    Of course, this is not true. I'm certainly better at reason and logic than others, not as good as some - and am always willing to listen to those who demonstrate their desire to practice those virtues. Just because I point out that YOU do it extremely poorly, more often than not, doesn't mean I believe myself to be some super-human reasoner. :)

Honor is one of those quaint ideas that sophisticates like Wilbur have no time for.
    I don't know what you're on about here.. I think honor is great, and wish more people had it.

Hah. Wow. Ok. If you can show me where I professed that utility (or disutility) is the criteria with which to judge the value of life.. then I'll have to concede there that I am like a Nazi! Or if you can show me where the Nazi's demonstrated and upheld the principle that "Minds have value", then I'll definitely have to concede there as well, that I am totally Nazi-like! You got me!
    Last edited by wilbur; 03-17-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    His opinion on Christianity and religion is also the same as Hitlers--"Hopefully it dies a natural death", "it's a crime against nature", "the product of sick minds."
    Welp, I would have to concede that I do hope it (and every other religion) eventually dies a natural death. So I guess that makes me like Hitler? Though to me, the "natural death" of a belief would be more like a slow fade into irrelevance, rather than a death engineered through gas chambers and gulags!** So maybe not so much.

But neither do I think religion is a "crime against nature" (a nonsense statement), nor "the product of sick minds". Really I just think they are all untrue - they are false. Which is why I'd like to see them replaced by beliefs closer to the truth. And I do not care to label everyone who holds false beliefs as "sick". So guess I'm really not much like Hitler after all. Sorry.

** Just kidding (obviously)! Its gas chambers and gulags for you buddy! You're at the top of my list!
    Last edited by wilbur; 03-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Banned
    Didn't Hitler also say having two balls is overrated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Welp, I would have to concede that I do hope it (and every other religion) eventually dies a natural death. So I guess that makes me like Hitler? Though to me, the "natural death" of a belief would be more like a slow fade into irrelevance, rather than a death engineered through gas chambers and gulags!** So maybe not so much.

But neither do I think religion is a "crime against nature" (a nonsense statement), nor "the product of sick minds". Really I just think they are all untrue - they are false. Which is why I'd like to see them replaced by beliefs closer to the truth. And I do not care to label everyone who holds false beliefs as "sick". So guess I'm really not much like Hitler after all. Sorry.

** Just kidding (obviously)! Its gas chambers and gulags for you buddy! You're at the top of my list!
    Yes, something more true like life is meaningless, pointless, just some sort of accident, nothing means anything. What a wonderful view of life.