1. #1 James Bond video for international women's day shows 007's feminine side 
    Daniel Craig and Dame Judi Dench team up for two-minute film highlighting the need for gender equality

Esther Addley
    guardian.co.uk
    Monday 7 March 2011 19.54 GMT
    Article history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjiqeUx4fk

Daniel Craig wears woman's clothes for a film to coincide with International Women's Day
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...deo-womens-day

He's bedded, rescued, loved and lost his fair share of women over more than half a century, but has James Bond ever paused to consider the rates of sexual assault of young girls going to school in the developing world?

That's one of a number of startling questions posed by a new short film by the artist and director Sam Taylor-Wood, released to coincide with International Women's Day and starring Bond actors Daniel Craig and Judi Dench.

"We're equals, aren't we 007?" asks Dench as M, opening the film in voiceover, as Craig walks towards the camera. "Yet it is 2011 and a man is still likely to earn more money than a woman, even one doing the same job."

It is the only explicit reference to his role as Bond, though the film hints at some of the character's womanising ways in comparing his situation to that of a woman.

"As a man you are less likely to be judged for promiscuous behaviour, which is just as well, frankly ... There would be virtually no risk to your career if you chose to become a parent ... or became one accidentally.

"For someone with such a fondness for women, I wonder if you have ever considered what it might be like to be one?"

At this point Craig walks off-screen, to return in a blonde wig, dress and heels, while Dench rattles through a grim list of statistics detailing continuing inequality of the sexes worldwide. "Every year 70 million girls are deprived of even a basic education and a staggering 60 million are sexually assaulted on the way to school."

The film concludes: "So are we equals? Until the answer is yes we must never stop asking."

The film, commissioned by a coalition of charities campaigning on equality issues and produced by Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, is the first film featuring the character to be directed by a woman, even if it runs only to two minutes.

"Bond is challenged by M to think about gender inequality, and I hope that the film encourages viewers to do the same," said Taylor-Wood

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In a related story, a seismic tremor in Britain was determined not to have been an earthquake, but was simply Ian Fleming spinning in his grave at 1500 RPM. :mad:
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Now even James Bond is fucking neutered.

As an actual genetic woman, I refuse to view material using genetic men dressed in stereotypical female costume outside of comedy skits made before 1985 or so.

Nothing is more casually demeaning than men appropriating female space either in everyday life or in order to convey some kind of "teachable moment" about gender roles or morals. If he wouldn't dress up in black face to discuss Black History Month, why would it be okay to do exactly the same thing to women for International Ovary Day?

Beyond that. the material is the same old mythological dogma that's been contaminating rational discussion for the past 35 years.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    HERE HERE. Totally changes my opinion of them. Why is it that male stars feel they MUST engage in this revolting behavior?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    well my view of Craig and his Masculinity just dropped about 50 notches. :mad: dumbass

He looks like Ann Coulter's fat sister.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He looks like Ann Coulter's fat sister.
    LOL!

I'm not going to bother watching another Bond movie as long as this team is in charge. Frankly, I thought that Pierce Brosnan was more Roger Moore than Sean Connery and Craig is just completely wooden and dull in the part. I'd rather have Timothy Dalton back. And I prefer "M" to "Ms". The whole point of casting Judi Dench as M was that she was supposed to reflect a Labour view, and they lampooned that with Bond's responses to her PC idiocy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If I wanted a man in a dress, I would be dating drag queens. Or Rachel Maddow.

Oh, wait, puked in my mouth.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    Daniel Craig looks like Vladimir Putin.
    There is no blonde Bond. This isn't fucking 00Barbie.