Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Confusing Film Wednesday! 
    Today will be actually spring-like with high temps in the high 60s in some places! Yay!

TOTD: Have you ever seen a movie, cartoon, short film, or documentary that just didn't make sense? Maybe it was a foreign project and the bridge between the cultures had simply burned down. Maybe it was a student effort that relied on a detailed knowledge of the psychological pathologies of the director to make sense. Maybe it was just soooooo bad that it was incomprehensible. Maybe it was riddled with factual inaccuracies. Maybe it was edited by drunk monkeys. Maybe you were too drunk to watch it. Whatever.

I once sat through about 45 minutes of cutting edge political/social satire in cartoon-form made by Eastern Block dissidents. Despite subtitles, the entire thing made absolutely no sense. Then we discovered that we were watching it backwards. We replayed it correctly and it still made no sense at all. :D

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yes, I watched the movie 7, the CGI animated one from a couple years ago....I felt like there was a ton of the movie that got thrown to the editing room floor, parts that actually tied the storyline together...soooo disappointed...:(

It's warmer, and supposed to hit 50 degrees this afternoon.

TOTD: Prospero's Books starring Sir John Gielgud. It was supposed to be a modern interpretation of The Tempest. It was insane and totally nonsensical. There's not much left from the Bard's play in this really bizarre, acid trip of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's warmer, and supposed to hit 50 degrees this afternoon.

TOTD: Prospero's Books starring Sir John Gielgud. It was supposed to be a modern interpretation of The Tempest. It was insane and totally nonsensical. There's not much left from the Bard's play in this really bizarre, acid trip of a movie.
    I forgot about that one. :eek:

Yeah. I got lost trying to follow "Bridge of San Luis Rey", so I put it on my computer. Helped me concentrate, and it turned out to be one of my favorite films. I have pretty severe adult ADD and I compensate by finding a way to hyper concentrate. Makes me a great listener, I'm told.

But one I never did get was "Under The Volcano". I saw it back in the 80's and it was so incomprehensible that I have never forgotten it. I still, to this day, don't know what it was about.

Today's high will be 81, with high winds starting later today. By late afternoon gusts of 25 MPH are expected. I might blow away! The good news is, our wind does not blow snow.

Tomorrow it will cool off to a high of 67.

I just finished making a breakfast casserole that turned out pretty good. Now I need a nap.

TOTD: I don't watch many movies or TV. There are exceptions to this rule, like when I am forced to sit through a movie to later see the date naked. The average is about two hours a week for viewing movies or television...I would rather fix something, kill weeds, paint a room, do online marketing and computer stuff for friends or businesses & other stuff...when I do sit or lay day it's bed time by then...I stay pretty busy even within my current physical limitations. I also continue to lose weight. Lots of it. TV and movies can give you a big ass.

The movie that made the least sense to me in recent years was the awful Stepford Wives remake. Anyone who saw the original already knew the little twist but the idiot producers of this drek of a film thought they'd be cute and send the twist in another direction. All movie long, we were led to believe that the wives were nothing but robots programmed to please their men. They even went so far as to have one(played by Faith Hill), malfunction to the point of turning herself into a top spinning out of control. Another, was a human ATM(putting her husband's ATM card into her side and pulling money out of her mouth). Then at the climax of the film, we found out that the only robot was Glenn Close's character's husband(played by Christopher Walken) and that the rest of the wives only had some implant into their brains to make them submissive. Ruined a great original story.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The movie that made the least sense to me in recent years was the awful Stepford Wives remake. Anyone who saw the original already knew the little twist but the idiot producers of this drek of a film thought they'd be cute and send the twist in another direction. All movie long, we were led to believe that the wives were nothing but robots programmed to please their men. They even went so far as to have one(played by Faith Hill), malfunction to the point of turning herself into a top spinning out of control. Another, was a human ATM(putting her husband's ATM card into her side and pulling money out of her mouth). Then at the climax of the film, we found out that the only robot was Glenn Close's character's husband(played by Christopher Walken) and that the rest of the wives only had some implant into their brains to make them submissive. Ruined a great original story.
    That is why I didn't see the remake. Same with Ocean's 11.

But True Grit was great the second time. So was The Thomas Crown Affair. And Cape Fear. I've have all three Pride and Prejudice films. 3:10 To Yuma.

But mostly I steer clear of remakes of movies I really liked.

And Forrest Gump was a great book, but a limp movie.

"An Inconvenient Truth"

Its rainy and in the 50's here

The movie "sign's" made no sense. Why would an alien race who melts at the mere touch of water invade a planet that surface is nearly covered in it?