Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I have never been fired from a job. The few times I have quit jobs I was always told if I ever wanted to reconsider and come back there would be a place for me. I've been very blessed in that respect.
    :)

The last place that fired me in Illinois, called me later that same night to offer me a promotion in another city. I was tired of working for hot headed partners full of broken promises & had already given them my 2 weeks notice and we were just "talking about things" the same monring...so things were brought to the table that were ugly about one of the partners, that the other families/partners did not know about... It was VERY EASY to collect workman's comp.... The hot headed owner/partner simply wanted to have the last word...and his insurance company is still spending about $700 a week on phyiscal therapy & medication. Who is getting the last word now????

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I've only been fired once and it was partly my own dumb fault, but I was working at Walgreens in the photo lab, took the CD that had pictures of my daughter home so I could email the pics to my parents. Hadn't paid for it yet, was waiting for my check. I got caught because I didn't tape it shut. They weren't originally going to fire me, just send me through loss prevention, which I went through. I had a couple days off and when I went to get my schedule to figure out how long I had till I had to take my sister in law back, they said don't worry about it. Confused I went in and they said, here's your money, you're fired. The District manager was a douchebag and I don't think he liked me anyway

It should be gorgeous today (in the low 70s maybe) which is great because I'm stuck at home and sucky because I'm stuck at home. :mad:

TOTD: I've never been fired although I've left jobs (always with notice and after I've secured at least a part-time or temp gig). I have fired other people from time to time. :D

I didn't get fired from this job but it led to my quitting. It was my first real job and I was working at Wendy's. I ha been there over a year and had the same schedule every week(MWF-4-8pm S/S-open-4pm). I had asked for and got a Sunday off and I wanted to spend the day with my then girlfriend watching football. Well, I'm over her house when the phone rang and it was work. Funny how they got the number(my stupid step brother gave it to them). They said they needed me to come in because someone had called out sick. They needed me to come in at 4. I told them I can come in at 5. I was told that if I didn't come in by 4, I'd be fired. Now, mind you, I was a hard worker, was never late and only called out once for being sick. And here I was facing an ultimatum. So, I went in at 5. The manager on duty was a woman I hated with a cold passion...who ended up marrying my oldest brother(didn't last). She was Hitler reincarnated. Well, I popped in at 5 and she ripped into me. I looked at the other manager, who I was friends with, said goodbye, and walked out the door. I had a great relationship with the then owner(Wendy's used to be singular franchises) and he tried to talk me out of quitting but I told him I just couldn't work with that woman anymore. He thanked me for my service and that was that. Some time later he asked me to come back and work a another store but by then, I had another job.

The silliness of it was that here I was doing them a favor by coming in on my day off and this was the treatment I got.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Silliest reason I ever lost a job? When I was working at the RNC this clown made donations fall so fast that a quarter of the staff hit the street on the same day. :mad:

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

When I was bout 16 or 17, I waited tables at Shoney's. They had me scheduled to work Super Bowl Sunday. Ain't gonna happen.:mad:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

It's nice outside.

I worked in telemarketing. When a guy threatened to rape me over the phone, I quit. I know it's fun to abuse telemarketers, but ... nope. I'm not being paid enough for that abuse.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Silliest reason I ever lost a job? When I was working at the RNC this clown made donations fall so fast that a quarter of the staff hit the street on the same day. :mad:

Flushing out a few Rino's was worth losing a little money.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Flushing out a few Rino's was worth losing a little money.
    That's okay. My parents gave a party for us that summer, since we were newly married, and a lot of their friends were "Eagles" (people who, at the time, gave $10,000 a year to the RNC). I told my sad story until five of them said they certainly weren't writing the RNC a check THIS year. I figured, that was more than my salary at the time, so we were even. :D

NOT a bouncy. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I have never left a job other than by my own choice and only for a better one with greater earning potential and job satisfaction. I have, however, on one occasion taken a temporary pay cut in such a move only to see my income double in a little over a year.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers