1. #1 Dogs Are Good People 
    This is Jonah’s beat, I know, but I couldn’t help but think that this dog is a better friend than a lot of people are. Cold, wet, shivering, dehydrated, disoriented and hungry in the post-diluvian wreckage of Japan, this pup stands by his stricken canine pal as a news crew approaches. You can see he’s initially tempted to run to the crew, but has second thoughts, lets off a bark, and returns to the side of the injured dog (initially thought dead by the reporters). Whether this is a protective posture, or just meant to draw the humans’ attention so they’ll bring help — he’s a hell of a pal. ...
    Video here: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-daniel-foster

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    This morning on Fox, it was reported that both dogs survived. The way they said it sounded as if someone took them for care. I really hope so. So devastating for animals..especially ones left abandoned or stranded. Can't bring myself to look at it yet, i'm still mourning the loss of my sweet Daisy.

I don't trust Reporters/Journalists. Remember the picture of the African baby sitting in the road, weak from hunger with a vulture close by? That journalist left that child there. It was reported the babe died. I'm horrified that someone with some power...either money or transportation could walk away from something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    This morning on Fox, it was reported that both dogs survived. The way they said it sounded as if someone took them for care. I really hope so. So devastating for animals..especially ones left abandoned or stranded. Can't bring myself to look at it yet, i'm still mourning the loss of my sweet Daisy.

I don't trust Reporters/Journalists. Remember the picture of the African baby sitting in the road, weak from hunger with a vulture close by? That journalist left that child there. It was reported the babe died. I'm horrified that someone with some power...either money or transportation could walk away from something like that.
    It's safe to watch Calypso. It's very touching. The care shown by the dog is unbelievable. If only people could be that good. I'm going to start a thread posting a link to a site that's contributing dog food to be sent to the doggies of Japan. It also is a mechanism to give free food to dogs and cats in shelters in this country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Dogs and cats, if cared for properly, are better than people. A dog will never judge you or ridicule you. It will always be by your side, no matter what. They are noble animals who are deserving of praise. How people abuse these creatures is beyond me.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I heard about this on Beck today. I'm so glad they are getting the care they need now. :)

6. #6 Japan: dog Leads Rescuers to Injured Friend 
    [youtube]vdksXMfCWHM[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Dogs and cats, if cared for properly, are better than people. A dog will never judge you or ridicule you. It will always be by your side, no matter what. They are noble animals who are deserving of praise. How people abuse these creatures is beyond me.
    My dawg Blue developed epilepsy shortly after I got him at 18 months. He suffered grand mals for almost 7 years. After SR and I got together, Blue stopped the seizures for almost 3 1/2 years. A month ago, when SR had to go to the ER with a stroke, I found Blue trapped under the bed when I ran home from the hospital to let the dogs out. The vet said he had a massive seizure equivalent to being hit by a truck.

Somehow he knew. Since SR is back home, he jumps up on the bed wirh SR when he's resting (or trying to jump--SR sometimes has to help Blue). They're pals. Blue loves his Vader master. Dogs know.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS