View Poll Results: Has McCains choice in VP changed your voting plans for this election?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope. I always intended to vote for McCain.

17 70.83%
  • Nope. I have no intention of voting for McCain at all.

1 4.17%
  • Yes. I was going to sit out this election.

2 8.33%
  • Yes. I was going to vote for someone else.

4 16.67%
  • I'm still not sure who I'll vote for . . . .

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Election 2008 - McCain Palin 
    Has his choice of Sarah Palin made you reconsider your vote?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Nope.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Has his choice of Sarah Palin made you reconsider your vote?
    I was always going to vote for McCain, but with Palin on the ticket, I'm really excited. She is what the Republican party needs. :D

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I was always going to vote for McCain, but with Palin on the ticket, I'm really excited. She is what the Republican party needs. :D
    Exactly... I'm not a fan of McCain because of his stances on taxes, global warming, amnesty for illegals, and the 1st Amendment, but he's still far better than Obama, so I was going to reluctantly vote for him. Sarah Palin seems like a real conservative though, a blue collar "woman-of-the-people" type that is the backbone of this country. For the 1st time, I'm actually excited about the Republican ticket!

eyelids - you're going to vote for McCain now?

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    I agree, everything I have read about this woman I like....
    Down to earth, fishes, hunts, believes in GOD and family,
    Fights the coruption in government,
    Believes in a fisically responsible governemnt.
    She comed from a Blur Collar background, not afraid of hard work.

gator
    In the little bit I have seen in the last day or so it seems that Sara Palin has a lot of the right suff to challenge big government.

However, as VP she will not be doing much challenging. MCCain, who has a strong record of supporting big government, will still be in charge. We will still have the bozos in Congress that will not allow the government to change.

In order to really have an impact we need 500 Sara Palin's in the govenment. There needs to be 60 of them in the Senate and at least 300 of them in the House.

It is exciting to have her run but nothing will change, regardless if she wins or not. We will still grow the size of the Federal government, we will still be Interventionist, the border will not be sealed and the debt will continue to climb.

The benchmark on the Federal budget is $3 trillion. Any bets on what is will be four years from now if McCain/Palin wins? How about $3.5 trillion? Maybe $4 trillion? Anybody want to bet that the budget will actually be reduced? I will give you odds.

By the way, the real ticket of change would be Palin/Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    In the little bit I have seen in the last day or so it seems that Sara Palin has a lot of the right suff to challenge big government.

However, as VP she will not be doing much challenging. MCCain, who has a strong record of supporting big government, will still be in charge. We will still have the bozos in Congress that will not allow the government to change.

In order to really have an impact we need 500 Sara Palin's in the govenment. There needs to be 60 of them in the Senate and at least 300 of them in the House.

It is exciting to have her run but nothing will change, regardless if she wins or not. We will still grow the size of the Federal government, we will still be Interventionist, the border will not be sealed and the debt will continue to climb.

The benchmark on the Federal budget is $3 trillion. Any bets on what is will be four years from now if McCain/Palin wins? How about $3.5 trillion? Maybe $4 trillion? Anybody want to bet that the budget will actually be reduced? I will give you odds.

By the way, the real ticket of change would be Palin/Paul.
    It will - barring any serious catastrophes like 9/11 or democratic obstructionism - be smaller.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    It will - barring any serious catastrophes like 9/11 or democratic obstructionism - be smaller.
    I know the budget has never decreased in modern times. Without looking it up I don't think it even decreased during the Great Depression. It even increased under Ronald Reagan.

About the only way I see it decreasing is through severe economic times, which is likely to happen as our debt increases and the size of government grows.