Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Abandoned animals 
    It just so happens I have a previously owned 2014 female golden lab with only 5 months or so on it.
    Free to good conservative home.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It just so happens I have a previously owned 2014 female golden lab with only 5 months or so on it.
    Wish i could take her :(
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Panda was 1 week older than my G'son, probably the only way I would remember as bad as I am with birthdays. She was 8 in April.

Thanks for the offer Rock but it's gonna take Mamma several weeks to get over this hump. Just glad Boo is there for her. A Lab is a little large for us anyway. We're more the small lap dog types. Not that I wouldn't have a good ol' Okie mutt farm dog but our current lifestyle would probably bore him to tears.
    I may have a black Pomeranian, I think I have a home for it when I get it nursed back to health though.
    The neighbors that I got the last two horses from did just what I thought they would, they left in the middle of the night last week leaving all their pets behind.

They turned the wolf loose and it bit the poms back leg crushing it, the leg fell off yesterday but the dog seems to be doing fine on the antibiotics I'm giving it. They had a little jack russel too but I couldn't find a trace of it, I think the wolf ate it.
    they told me awhile back that they had to give up all of them but they made zero effort to find them homes.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I may have a black Pomeranian, I think I have a home for it when I get it nursed back to health though.
    The neighbors that I got the last two horses from did just what I thought they would, they left in the middle of the night last week leaving all their pets behind.

They turned the wolf loose and it bit the poms back leg crushing it, the leg fell off yesterday but the dog seems to be doing fine on the antibiotics I'm giving it. They had a little jack russel too but I couldn't find a trace of it, I think the wolf ate it.
    they told me awhile back that they had to give up all of them but they made zero effort to find them homes.
    Rock, you are one of the good ones--the animal rescuer. Sounds like your neighbors know where to dump their unwanted animal. Poor little pom. And poor little JR.

What happened to the wolf? Is it still there? I'd hate to think of it getting your own pets or your goats. My son has a petsitting biz. One of his clients has a wolf hybrid. My son loves that animal, not sure how it can stand the confinement of an urban apartment, but my son takes it on vigorous walks and sometimes puts it in his car and goes to some rugged nearby state parks. That animal needs exercise, but apparently is devoted to my son. I never worry about my son walking in the urban jungle. The gang members there part the way when they come through, all asking "Is that a wolf?"
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The neighbor girls are trying to lure it into a crate.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    ...................... "Is that a wolf?"
    Nah! It's a Chihuahua(Scottie, Pom, Pug, etc.). He's just real good at makeup.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

We found the jack russel and another dog dead, they have the wolf penned and are getting ready to move it today.

A local RV resort just found another tame cat. When my parents would travel full time they would hear stories of people that had left their campsites and several miles down the road realize they had left an animal behind, and of course they could not turn around to go get it.

It's a felony in NV to dump pets but it happens often. Same deal like Rock's situation. The people move and leave the pets behind.

Our state's most recent story:

PAHRUMP, NV (FOX5) -
    Clark County Animal Control is helping to investigate a filth-laden home in Pahrump after what is believed to be the bodies of between 10 and 20 dogs and cats were discovered inside a freezer there last week.

Those animals are in addition to the bodies of five cats and dogs found in the house back in January.

The people who were leasing the house left in December, animal control said.

"The idea is to determine the cause of death, just like they would for an autopsy for a human, and Nye County officials can use the information on cause of death if they can find the people who committed these crimes - they can use that to prosecute them," said Jason Allswang, Clark County's code enforcement chief.

Animal advocates are pushing authorities to launch a more in-depth investigation
    http://www.14news.com/story/25448255...n-pahrump-home

Great looking dog.

The wolf is in an escape proof pen so everything is finally under control.

I will take a picture next time I am over there.