Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 MGM Doesn’t Want RED DAWN Remake to Piss Off China? 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    From Collider

MGM Doesn’t Want RED DAWN Remake to Piss Off China; Will Piss Off North Korea Instead
    by Matt Goldberg Posted:March 16th, 2011 at 8:48 am

The upcoming remake of the 1984 action flick Red Dawn had changed the lead communist villain from Russia to China. But MGM, the studio behind the remake, has concluded that China, commie as they may be, still offers the possibility of lucrative international box office. With this in mind, the studio is making it so that the country who invades the U.S. this time around is…North Korea. The LA Times reports:

The filmmakers now are digitally erasing Chinese flags and military symbols from “Red Dawn,” substituting dialogue and altering the film to depict much of the invading force as being from North Korea, an isolated country where American media companies have no dollars at stake.
    Hit the jump for more on this silly change. The remake of Red Dawn stars Chris Hemsworth, Adrianne Palicki, Josh Hutcherson, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

http://collider.com/red-dawn-remake-...h-korea/80834/

This was looking to be a good remake. Not now. How believable will it be that the US is invaded and nearly defeated by the N. Korean army? This will hurt the film at the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    From Collider

MGM Doesn’t Want RED DAWN Remake to Piss Off China; Will Piss Off North Korea Instead
    by Matt Goldberg Posted:March 16th, 2011 at 8:48 am

The upcoming remake of the 1984 action flick Red Dawn had changed the lead communist villain from Russia to China. But MGM, the studio behind the remake, has concluded that China, commie as they may be, still offers the possibility of lucrative international box office. With this in mind, the studio is making it so that the country who invades the U.S. this time around is…North Korea. The LA Times reports:

Hit the jump for more on this silly change. The remake of Red Dawn stars Chris Hemsworth, Adrianne Palicki, Josh Hutcherson, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

http://collider.com/red-dawn-remake-...h-korea/80834/

This was looking to be a good remake. Not now. How believable will it be that the US is invaded and nearly defeated by the N. Korean army? This will hurt the film at the theater.

From what I've read, the premise is that the war is still with China, but the Chinese are using the N. Korean's as an invasion force.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    I don't understand why they need to remake the movie. What's wrong with the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't understand why they need to remake the movie. What's wrong with the original?
    Pay attention. Hollywood doesn't have original idea's anymore. They get by doing remakes now.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    To add to the point djones520 just said, they are currently remaking The Incredible Mr. Limpet.
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...tle/tt1457604/

Hollywood is completely out of new ideas. This is more then evident when they are taking low rung movies and trying to remake them hoping they will be a money maker this time around.

FYI, Johnny Depp has been rumored to be in the lead to do this one.

I did just watch Battle: Los Angeles and that movie rocked my fucking socks off. So I wouldn't say their scraping the bottom of the barrel on original idea's, but I am getting a bit sick of all the remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I did just watch Battle: Los Angeles and that movie rocked my fucking socks off. So I wouldn't say their scraping the bottom of the barrel on original idea's, but I am getting a bit sick of all the remakes.
    I want to see Battle:LA , but I'll prolly see it by myself next week.

But you notice that they wait till a liberal is in office to release these large Gung-Ho type films for the most part? I'm sure there may be exception ,but by and large - -

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Think about it dude. Aliens invading the earth in order to use it's resources? Been there, done that...unless I dreampt Independence Day and War of the Worlds.

As for not pissing someone off, look no further than The Sum of All Fears. In the book, the terrorists were Islamic goons but the producers of the movie didn't want to hurt their feelings and made the terrorists Neo Nazi's...like they're a real threat.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

They did a lot of filming around here for the Red Dawn remake. In southwest Detroit and in Pontiac, mostly.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I was so looking forward to the remake of Red Dawn, now....not so much, such BS

you know they jumped the shark when they make a remake for Arthur