Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The premise of the invasion in the original Red Dawn was somewhat realistic. The Cubans came across the border while the Russians just parachuted in but IIRC they used commercial aircraft to enter our airspace. People should watch the original again because that movie was a lot better than people give it credit for.
    they also came in through Mexico, but they only got to the Great Planes and are stopped before linking up with the Soviet Army coming down through Canada and Alaska. But the only way that this even becomes possible is the break up of NATO in the years prior to the start of the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I hear they are going to make another remake the setting is in Sanfran and somehow we make the apes smart and they turn against us or some such.

I cant believe they are remaking Arthur, I'm more pissed the Lindanumbers not being able to correct anyone grammar or spelling for a whole week. :D
    They are "rebooting the series" but starting with Rise of the Apes and explaining how Caesar came about, without the insanely dumb paradox that the original movies came up with

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    From Collider

MGM Doesn’t Want RED DAWN Remake to Piss Off China; Will Piss Off North Korea Instead
    by Matt Goldberg Posted:March 16th, 2011 at 8:48 am

The upcoming remake of the 1984 action flick Red Dawn had changed the lead communist villain from Russia to China. But MGM, the studio behind the remake, has concluded that China, commie as they may be, still offers the possibility of lucrative international box office. With this in mind, the studio is making it so that the country who invades the U.S. this time around is…North Korea. The LA Times reports:
    Seriously. The country that can't feed itself, that has no navy to speak off, is going to project it's power across the ocean and land their starving forces on our shores and actually do something more than annoy the residents of California?

Please.

The Crips could wipe out the Norks inside of a week, assuming they could even get more than a company of men across the ocean to begin with.

What a joke.

I can't believe they're going to bastardize such a classic movie.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Hey they dont have to build any sets of bombed out cities, its already provided. :D

Though I dont think the denizens of Detroit would fight a gorilla war against an invader as long as the invader had welfare and food stamps, oh and colt 45 malt liquor.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some of the citizens of Detroit have better weapons than the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some of the citizens of Detroit have better weapons than the cops.
    and we have CCW here. I think the gangs and homeless people of Detroit could single handedly defeat the entire North Korean Army with very little loses:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I was so looking forward to the remake of Red Dawn, now....not so much, such BS

you know they jumped the shark when they make a remake for Arthur
    Arthur was one of the best comedies of all time. I will not be watching a remake.

I can't understand why they remake movies that were already good. Why don't they take some of the lousier movies that had potential to be really good and remake those. Start with some of those awful H. P. Lovecraft adaptations and make something really monumental out of them. I would really enjoy seeing 'The Call of Cthulhu' done right.
    Last edited by FBIGuy; 03-18-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Power CUer
    I cant believe they are remaking Arthur, I'm more pissed the Lindanumbers not being able to correct anyone grammar or spelling for a whole week. :D
    That's not really a coherent sentence; I thought you'd like to know that "guerrillas" have nothing to do with the animal kingdom. So you'd look..... smarter.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    Arthur was one of the comedies of all time. I will not be watching a remake.

I can't understand why they remake movies that were already good. Why don't they take some of the lousier movies that had potential to be really good and remake those. Start with some of those awful H. P. Lovecraft adaptations and make something really monumental out of them. I would really enjoy seeing 'The Call of Cthulhu' done right.
    I don't get it either....There as soo many good books that could be done right now with the level of CGI. The problem is that the idiot studios and directors try to put their own spin on a book and don't stay true to it.

BTW, WB is doing a remake of the Wizard of Oz using the script from the 1939 movie

They really should just stick to re-making Miracle on 34th Street every couple of years (and making it worse every time).
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This was the mistake of the Planet of the Apes series. The gorillas were...<snip>
    Dude, as usual a lindanumbers post had nothing to do with the thread. She was slighting another poster that used "gorilla" instead of "guerilla".

As always, everyone knows what the poster meant in the context of the thread but numbers insists on disrupting threads for no real reason. Where's a mod when you need one?