1. #1 " Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume hitting Southern California late Friday" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States, even if hints of it are ultimately detectable. In a similar way, radiation from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 spread around the globe and reached the West Coast of the United States in ten days,

Comments:
    Exposure levels predicted to be 10-15% of a dental X-ray...
    That's it, spread some panic in the US and get some people to OD on those iodide tablets they bought. The amount of radiation present in this ''plume'' will require very sensitive instruments to detect. I doubt that a commercially available Geiger counter will be able to detect it above the normal background radiation.
    Breathing the foul breath of the 'witches of W'eastwick' (Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein) is far more likely to be harmful to one's health & safety than anything from Japan!
    Anybody here besides me old enough to remmeber the open air nuke tests before EMP effects drove them underground? I ain't dead yet. The MSM keeps trying to give Barry X another Crisis.
    In reading about the hazards of the nuclear accident, there seems to be an inverse relationship between the writer's knowledge of physics and nuclear energy and their level of alarm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/17/sc...ml?_r=1&ref=us

People probably get more radiation exposure from their cell phones...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    People probably get more radiation exposure from their cell phones...
    Sunshine , if the sun ever comes out .

I got my teeth cleaned with iodine yesterday at the periodontist's office. I should be good for a few days.

That crap tastes so nasty, though.