1. #1 " Three Mexican Jews in Tefillin Panic Air Alaska Crew . " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    U.S. airline apologizes for alerting security over Jews using Phylactery on flight

Alaska Airlines apologizes Thursday for the misunderstanding that occurred earlier this week on board one of their flights, in which flight attendants issued a security alert when three Mexican Jews began praying with Tefillin.

"To help make sure this misunderstanding does not happen again, we plan to incorporate awareness training of Orthodox Jewish religious practices into our ongoing diversity and inclusion efforts," a statement issued by the airlines said.
    SNIP
    The statement also listed the men's behavior which made them seem suspicious, like the fact that they did not heed the request to remain seated shortly after takeoff, they carried boxes that seemed unusual and only later did they understand that they were for their tefillin, and "the men prayed aloud together in a language unfamiliar to the crew while wearing what appeared to be black tape and wires strapped to their forearms and foreheads and wires on their chests."

"The safety and security of our passengers is our top priority. While our flight crews must be vigilant in watching for suspicious behavior, they are also trained to be aware and recognize the personalities and practices of a very broad and diverse group of travelers. Out of an abundance of caution to protect all of our customers, we misinterpreted the behavior of the three passengers who were praying and wearing tefillin," the statement said.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...light-1.349870

Teflon prophylactics?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Teflon prophylactics?
    Tefillin,Phylactery,not Teflon prophylactics ...
    Strip of parchment inscribed with passages from Exodus 13 and Deuteronomy 6, enclosed in a black calf-skin case .

Power CUer
    I can understand members of the public not recognizing a tefillin, but flight crews should have seen this before in their travels. As a pilot friend of mine would say, they need to get the briefing.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I can understand members of the public not recognizing a tefillin, but flight crews should have seen this before in their travels. As a pilot friend of mine would say, they need to get the briefing.
    On Alaskan Air,Not Many Hasidism in Alaska !