1. #1 Qaddafi Forces Shell City Despite Libyan Government Declaring Cease-Fire 

Residents in the Libyan city of Misrata say they are still being bombarded and shelled by pro-Qaddafi forces Friday despite Libya declaring an immediate halt to military action on anti-government forces.

"Qaddafi's forces are bombing the city with artillery shells and tanks. We now have 25 people dead at the hospital, including several little girls," Dr Khaled Abou Selha told Reuters.

A Libyan government spokesman says that no military operations were launched on Misrata or anywhere else, according to Reuters.

A Libyan rebel spokesman also dismissed the cease-fire announcement, claiming Qaddafi's forces are still attacking key cities in the east and the west.

Mustafa Gheriani, a spokesman for the national opposition council based in Benghazi, said there is "no cease-fire."

Gheriani said regime forces are shelling the eastern city of Ajdabiya and Misrata, the last rebel-held city in the western half of the country.

The opposition has expressed hope the U.N. resolution would help turn the tide in their favor after days of fierce fighting.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03...rnment-forces/
    Last edited by txradioguy; 03-18-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The term in Islam for a false truce is a "Hudna". Mohammed pioneered the concept with his ten-year treaty with the Quraysh tribe in Mecca, which he violated within a few months of agreeing to it, and then he launched a full-scale offensive within two years of it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I know this is a bit cold but I dont really give a shit about the rebels there.

I am willing to bet a few paychecks they aren't freedom loving fools, so why should we risk our fighting personal, besides if you want to overthrow a dictator you'd better finish him and not beg for help when your ass is getting kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I know this is a bit cold but I dont really give a shit about the rebels there.

I am willing to bet a few paychecks they aren't freedom loving fools, so why should we risk our fighting personal, besides if you want to overthrow a dictator you'd better finish him and not beg for help when your ass is getting kicked.
    The Libyan rebels are allied with the Muslim Brotherhood and can be counted on to empower them in the event that they depose Qaddafi. Qadaffi has American blood on his hands. Any policy that we undertake should weaken both sides and eventually put Qaddafi's head in a noose.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The Libyan rebels are allied with the Muslim Brotherhood and can be counted on to empower them in the event that they depose Qaddafi. Qadaffi has American blood on his hands. Any policy that we undertake should weaken both sides and eventually put Qaddafi's head in a noose.
    Levelling the playing field by helping to neutralize Qaddafi's superior fire power will go along way to make sure they keep poking at each other for a while.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.