Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wahmbulace post: Palin got chosen for her looks. 
    LINKO

Marrah_G (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 01:21 PM
    Original message
    I am angry
    I should be happy. McCain picked a totally unqualified running mate.

But I realize why it is that I am angry.

This woman is a reminder of how older, intelligent qualified women are stepped over time and again by the pretty ones. The ones with no qualifications besides breasts and a peppy smile.

We, as women have seen this time and time again since birth. You can be dumb as a rock or mean as a viper and as long as you are pretty, life will treat you well. Those of us who were not blessed with good looks, have to work 100X harder and even then, it's often not good enough.

I am furious that this glorified cheerleader, with no experience, may end up with control if the largest scariest military in the world and no fucking clue what to do with it.

I am furious.
    redqueen (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 01:22 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Thank you.
    And it's not just liberal / democratic / independent women who are disgusted with that bias.

It's the vast majority of ALL women.]
    jazzjunkysue (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 02:00 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    50. The Janet Reno effect. Presicely. I've heard alot of men on CNN today
    say they like her because she's so traditional: Mom and wife and non-opinionated. She defers to men, even while holding office. She's not threatening. She's their token.

But she's not really being taken seriously. If she were, they'd know she doesn't have the cred to be pres. should gramps kick off.
    hisownpetard (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 05:17 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    101. She has a lot of nerve, trying to cash in on the hard work Hillary's done simply by dint of the fact
    that she's a female. No other comparisons apply.

She's a Republican, gun-toting, animal skinning buddy to big oil and McOily, as well.

The thought of her possibly becoming Commander in Chief makes my blood run cold.

Hopefully, this same thought will drive Republicans to vote for Obama, come November.
    :D:D:D
    BOWZER LIVES!!!

John
    What!? She's not that hot Seriously, I've been married for about 9 years, and my wife is still more attractive to me than this veep woman. The fact that she reminds me of 'my friends mom', may have something to do with this observation, but no, she's not hot. Perhaps she's hot to some college geeks who have no life outside poly sci, but she's no Allison Stokke.

To any who were wondering, the aforementioned girl is hot, the girl following is not.

When put into perspective Palin looks as appetizing as Oscar Meyer. Considering she comes from Alaska, it's a fair bet that there are many, many, hotties to chose from. Saying Palin was chosen for her looks is like saying Jenna Haze was chosen for her acting. Palin was chosen for ability and effect, and not for her looks. If McCain wanted to pull in some looks he'd have a lot more to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Some liberal idiot
    She's a Republican, gun-toting, animal skinning buddy to big oil and McOily, as well.
    Wow, so am I! How amazing is it that we likely occupy the same shops! Me with my concealed hand gun and you with your with hopes dreams and desires. Too bad for you that you don't realize I'll jump in between you and a bad guy. Too bad for you. You are one of the dumbasses who think I should be disarmed, de-fanged, and forced to eat tofu and sprouts. If hard men like me didn't exist, it would only be a matter of time before harder men than you took your women by force and bred out the 'wussy' gene from the pool. Unlike your Obama or Hillary, at least Sarah has the basics covered. She carries a gun, so she'll likely live in circumstances where hippies like you ' will die and return to the earth'. She knows how to skin an animal, so maybe that means that someday she will eat while you starve. The thought doesn't really bother me. The fact is, and I know it hurts your liberal ass, this woman doesn't need your idea of 'society' to survive. This woman knows how to get primal on her own and that scares the bejeezus out of your liberal ass doesn't it? Your liberal idea revolves around easy street forever. Easy street doesn't exist forever, and that makes someone who can exist long after your gone a primordial threat doesn't it?
    Last edited by John; 08-30-2008 at 07:30 AM.

This woman is a reminder of how older, intelligent qualified women are stepped over time and again by the pretty ones. The ones with no qualifications besides breasts and a peppy smile.
    Sour grapes! Marrah_G , maybe if you lost some weight, shaved, and plucked your eyebrows, you could compete with the pretty women.

DIMocRATS are just upset because she doesn't wear pant suits.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Marrah_G (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 01:21 PM
    ... Those of us who were not blessed with good looks, ...
    For some reason I'm not surprised.

Sonnabend
    To any who were wondering, the aforementioned girl is hot, the girl following is not.
    I beg to differ :D:D

She is 100% HAWT :D

The DUmmies are just pissed off because she's 10x more qualified than Barry Hussein.

"No qualifications,"

Other than, of course, her time as governor of Alaska, giving her about 20 times more executive experience and qualifications than Obama has.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    The DUmmies are just pissed off because she's 10x more qualified than Barry Hussein.

She is actually more qualified than Hillary Clinton. Hillary never did anything in her life until the New York Senator's job was handed to her on a silver platter because she was married to a Clinton.

I suspect that Palin is ten times the woman of Hillary. I don't know a lot a lot about her but I suspect that if she found out that her husband was getting blowjobs at work from a 22 year old she would probably kick his ass out. He would be lucky if she didn't shoot him.

It is evident that she has more balls than Obama. Biden is a smirking clown that has no record on anything of sustance. He represents the typical sleazy Liberal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What!? She's not that hot Seriously, I've been married for about 9 years, and my wife is still more attractive to me than this veep woman. The fact that she reminds me of 'my friends mom', may have something to do with this observation, but no, she's not hot. Perhaps she's hot to some college geeks who have no life outside poly sci, but she's no Allison Stokke.?
    Just to set the record straight, that second picture is not Palin. Here are the "properties" of that pic:
    http://askpang.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sabine5.jpg. Her name is Sabine Ehrenfeld and here's what Wiki says :
    On 29 August 2008 an image of Sabine Ehrenfeld wearing glasses and a light blue suit jacket started appearing on the various internet sites erroneously stating that is was Republican Governor and Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin of Alaska. This was probably caused by a mistake in Google Images search results, which included that photo and the caption "Sarah Palin, Alaska's new governor...askpang.typepad.com."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Ehrenfeld
    I made the same mistake, but a DUmmy (believe it or not) pointed it out in a thread yesterday (sorry, no link). Oh, and I also noticed that the photo from Vogue has been making the rounds, even though it clearly says it's a Photoshopped image. We don't need fake photos of her...and. yes, I think she's hot. :D