Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    She wasn't chosen for her looks. She was chosen for her sex and age demographic, and to stop the social conservatives from yapping at McCain.

She's in 40s so she's hardly a tender young thing. She backhanded her own party members over ethics violations so she is hardly deferential to powerful men.

She offsets McCain's grumpy old man persona and she will appeal to women who wouldn't vote for Clinton but who would like a woman as a potential presidential contender. She will appeal to the values voters on a number of levels while simultaneously appealing to the working Mom army who are concerned about jobs and kids.

It's beginning to look like a very foxy move on McCain's part. ;)

Stupid Dems,
    Palin was Chosen for her political leanings...

We would however 'hit it' based on her looks! (oooops! wrong thread):o

Get it straight Dims!!! (oh yeah, NM):mad:
    Separated, I cut myself clean
    From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
    Been apprehended by a spiritual force
    And a grace that replaced all the me Ive divorced ~ Jesus Freak - DC Talk

Well, in an earlier post I mentioned the Vogue cover, and just now saw this at the DUmp. :p

rateyes (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 07:35 AM
    Original message
    Maybe photoshopped, but in this pic of Palin, she is supposed to be 5 mos. pregnant.
    Advertisements [?]Photos taken in late December 2007. She, they say, gave birth to a baby weighing over 6 pounds in the middle of April. Does she look 5 mos. pregnant to you in this pic?
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6828852
    A few DUmmies catch on, though:
    onenote (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 08:07 AM
    Response to Original message
    5. if you can be fooled by that bad photoshop job
    well....
    IWantAnyDem (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 07:39 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. Tha tis Palin's face on a FAKE Vogue Cover
    Edited on Sat Aug-30-08 07:46 AM by IWantAnyDem
    Vogue did a story and a shoot, but Palin was NEVER on the cover. There was never a cover of Vogue even vaguely reminiscent of that cover. Palin's face is photoshopped over another woman's body and the fake Vogue text was added.

The picture you just put up is actually Freeper Masturbation material. Freepers produced that one.
    "freeper", huh? Well, guess what I found. :eek:
    If I had a dime every time ...
    Seems my Photoshopped picture of Sarah Palin on the cover of Vogue magazine is the number one hit on Google Image Search, and it seems a lot of folks want to get a closer look. I even was tipped off that a couple news sites and blogs thought it was real (for varying lengths of time). Needless to say 583,815 visits is more than five times the hits it's taken me almost two years to amass. I figured once the Palin Fever dies down, certainly by November 5th, the hits will return to a more normal 500 a day.
    http://kodiakkonfidential.blogspot.com/

Suck on that, DUmbass.

5. #15 If the derelicts on DU are so sure Obama is going to be pResident 
    why would they care who McCain chooses as VP!

I'm a woman and this sickly Dummy drivel offends me. They're apparently too angry and self-absorbed to realize they're the ones judging a woman on the basis of her looks.

The only reason Hillary Clinton got where she is today is because of the man she married. Sarah Palin got where she is today because of herself, but the left wing lunatics won't give her half a chance because she's pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    I'm a woman and this sickly Dummy drivel offends me. They're apparently too angry and self-absorbed to realize they're the ones judging a woman on the basis of her looks.

The only reason Hillary Clinton got where she is today is because of the man she married. Sarah Palin got where she is today because of herself, but the left wing lunatics won't give her half a chance because she's pretty.
    No, they won't give her a chance because she's a conservative. A pretty liberal would impress them no end.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, they won't give her a chance because she's a conservative. A pretty liberal would impress them no end.
    Correct because the proof is they were orgasmic over an ugly liberal.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand