Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 [Union] Thugs Destroy Recall Petitions 
    The petition rally was originally scheduled at a local Merrill restaurant but was relocated after the proprietors received many phone calls and felt they needed to back out. The committee then set up in front of the Lincoln County Courthouse to offer citizens an opportunity to sign their names to the petition. Over 1,000 calls had been sent out the previous day notifying area residents of the petition rally.

Upon arrival, members of the recall committee were encircled by union protesters carrying signs and a leader with a mega phone who began chanting and ranting loudly. They packed in tightly around the petition collection table so as to prevent those attempting to sign from doing so. At one point, a pro union protester, pretending to be interested in signing the petition, wrote profanity across a partially collected petition form, than began ripping up the completed petitions that were in close proximity.

The Rest of the Story
    So, people try to recall one of the fleabaggers and the union brownshirts show up to stop it with force. Way to allow the voice of the people to decide the issues there commies.

This is becoming all too typical of the left. When they don't get their way, they abandon the democratic process and rule of law entirely and simply throw a temper tantrum. I for don't think they should be able to call themselves the Democratic party anymore considering they obviously no longer support democracy.

I don't know why I only heard about this from some obscure link on moonbattery to a local affiliate. If this had been Tea Party protesters preventing Wisconsin libs from signing a petition to recall a Republican Senator [which would never happen], this would have been on every cable and broadcast news channel 20 times a day for months on end. Since it's commie hacks jackbooting around, it gets a pass.
    Last edited by malloc; 03-17-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Doesn't surprise me. This is what passes for democracy to the left. Sadly, WeeWee, Hazldick, TNO, and others here along with the entire DU see no problem with this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    So, people try to recall one of the fleabaggers and the union brownshirts show up to stop it with force. Way to allow the voice of the people to decide the issues there commies.

This is becoming all too typical of the left. When they don't get their way, they abandon the democratic process and rule of law entirely and simply throw a temper tantrum. I for don't think they should be able to call themselves the Democratic party anymore considering they obviously no longer support democracy.

I don't know why I only heard about this from some obscure link on moonbattery to a local affiliate. If this had been Tea Party protesters preventing Wisconsin libs from signing a petition to recall a Republican Senator [which would never happen], this would have been on every cable and broadcast news channel 20 times a day for months on end. Since it's commie hacks jackbooting around, it gets a pass.
    .....,.,.,.Where were the Union cops ?

4. #4 Thugs Destroy Recall Petitions 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9lto2fcIQ
    By Charlie Sykes
    Story Created: Mar 15, 2011

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/charlie...118011324.html

More thuggery.

Here is a press release from the Recall Holperin group:
    Merrill, Wisconsin - Leader Kim Simac and volunteers for the Recall Jim Holperin Committee will hold a press conference tomorrow at 12:00 pm at the Lincoln County Courthouse
    This is the location of the conflict between Recall Petition Signers and Union Protesters last Thursday, March 10, 2011.

The petition rally was originally scheduled at a local Merrill restaurant but was relocated after the proprietors received many phone calls and felt they needed to back out. The committee then set up in front of the Lincoln County Courthouse to offer citizens an opportunity to sign their names to the petition. Over 1,000 calls had been sent out the previous day notifying area residents of the petition rally.

Upon arrival, members of the recall committee were encircled by union protesters carrying signs and a leader with a mega phone who began chanting and ranting loudly. They packed in tightly around the petition collection table so as to prevent those attempting to sign from doing so. At one point, a pro union protester, pretending to be interested in signing the petition, wrote profanity across a partially collected petition form, than began ripping up the completed petitions that were in close proximity.

The policemen who were there, and who were standing in close proximity to these events as they unfolded, did nothing to assist those collecting the petitions as they were being destroyed, despite such an action being a Felony under Wisconsin law. Police also did nothing to clear the walk way for citizens that wanted to sign the petitions. Recall Committee members received many phone calls the following day from Merill area citizens who stated that they showed up to sign the petition, but were too afraid to get out of their vehicles and approach the recall table.

Kim Simac, leader of the recall effort, who has also received numerous personal threats, has now declared that enough is enough. “Tomorrow we begin taking the necessary steps to put a stop to this kind of behavior.” Simac stated. She went on to say: “The people of the 12th District of Wisconsin can not and will not allow this thuggery and bullying to continue. As honorable citizens, I believe we all have an obligation to stand up for the rule of law, which is why I am taking this action."

Information will be released to how the events of Thursday March 10, 2011 are going to be handled and how such threats, intimidation and disorderly behavior is going to be addressed in the future.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 03-18-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that they are destroying the petitions and using their thuggery to keep people away yet they are chanting "this is what democracy sounds like"?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Reverting to their roots I see...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

The actions of these thugs, not surprisingly, is beneath contempt. Utterly, beneath contempt!

Must hurry to put the following in before Flagator beats me to it! :)

Matthew 7:16 to 20

By their fruits ye shall know them Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

~ ABC

Why are all our resident libs staying outof this thread?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Scared, hiding, pretending it's not true so they can continue to believe they are on the right side of this issue.

I also posted this on Facebook, where some friends of friends are of the libtard persuasion, we get it into occasionally over all sorts of stuff, but it's usually good-natured because I'm actually acquainted with these people. However, on this one, silence.....
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic that they are destroying the petitions and using their thuggery to keep people away yet they are chanting "this is what democracy sounds like"?
    No, this is what democracy sounds like. It's mob rule, without any constraints by law. This is what the left wants, unless the mob turns against them, at which point they resort to other means of suppression of freedom.

BTW, did I not predict that the unions would resort to outright violence next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Because they haven't found a trivial example of something bad done by a non-union group to present as a morally equivalent act yet.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!