Thread: Fried Chicken!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I bought some fried chicken in a supermarket deli once that they said was essentially pressure fried. It was delicious. The deli worker said the cooker was very expensive.

    It was supposed to be lower in fat somehow, according to what the label said.
    Fried chicken is all about fat!
    Kentucky fried chicken is pressure fried.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I bought some fried chicken in a supermarket deli once that they said was essentially pressure fried. It was delicious. The deli worker said the cooker was very expensive.

    It was supposed to be lower in fat somehow, according to what the label said.
    I only know they make them. I'd guess the cooking time is less so possibly less oil would integrate into the chicken. I live on the wild side and fry chicken in lard so obviously this feature is not a big consideration for me. :D

    Moo's recipe is a safe one but I'd hate for anybody to fill up a pressure cooker with oil and have at it in the traditional way.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I only know they make them. I'd guess the cooking time is less so possibly less oil would integrate into the chicken. I live on the wild side and fry chicken in lard so obviously this feature is not a big consideration for me. :D

    Moo's recipe is a safe one but I'd hate for anybody to fill up a pressure cooker with oil and have at it in the traditional way.
    Animal Fat Rulz.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,878
    The oil will ruin the rubber seal in a standard pressure cooker, I learned the hard way.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The oil will ruin the rubber seal in a standard pressure cooker, I learned the hard way.
    I've never done it but my manual has a pretty strongly worded caution against it. I'm pretty sure they also covered this in 4-H.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've never done it but my manual has a pretty strongly worded caution against it. I'm pretty sure they also covered this in 4-H.
    They make them just for pressure frying and they are very expensive.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Fried chicken is all about fat!
    Kentucky fried chicken is pressure fried.
    I didn't know that. I like their extra crispy.

    I also like Bojangles or Popeyes.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,878
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I've never even heard os something like that. Interesting.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I've never even heard os something like that. Interesting.
    I'm thinking smoked duck, tasty.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •