Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61
  1. #21  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Now it's just a boring thread about wind and rain.

    Wind and rain is bad m'kay.

    Back on topic: Looks to be a Cat 5 tomorrow.
    That's fine, I wanted this to just be about the storm. The other two...they'll probably be in the DOME before Gustav gets into the Gulf. :p
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Back on topic: Looks to be a Cat 5 tomorrow.

    Maybe sooner. :eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Maybe sooner. :eek:
    It is looking that way. The thing I just read puts that sucker at Cat-5 reeeeaaallly soon. And that spells havoc regardless of where it goes. Serious, deadly, havoc.
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,188
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    It is looking that way. The thing I just read puts that sucker at Cat-5 reeeeaaallly soon. And that spells havoc regardless of where it goes. Serious, deadly, havoc.
    Yeah, the west end of Cuba isn't going to slow it down much. Hopefully it'll run out of really hot water before it makes landfall. Or it'll get worse, who the hell knows with these things...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yeah, the west end of Cuba isn't going to slow it down much. Hopefully it'll run out of really hot water before it makes landfall. Or it'll get worse, who the hell knows with these things...
    Well the gulf is reaaaaaaaaaaally warm right about now....
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,188
    Look at this, it's little wonder the storm is exploding in power.

    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...&tstamp=200808

    Go down a bit to the water temp figure. Good news is it should go over cooler
    waters before landfall.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,188
    Winds are now 150 mph!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Look at this, it's little wonder the storm is exploding in power.

    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...&tstamp=200808

    Go down a bit to the water temp figure. Good news is it should go over cooler
    waters before landfall.
    Yea, that is crazy.
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,315
    They are now suggesting on the weather channel that it looks like its going to make land fall far enough west of New Orleans as to not cause a lot of problems there. Then again it is a couple of days away and as Fay showed them, you can expect anything to happen as predicted.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    (I hope this isn't too political)

    They are talking about postponing the convention; my friends (delegates) went up several days ago - what a mess that will be to try and rebook.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •